Danger Comes Knocking On Lucy's Door

Chapter 1

Danger Comes Knocking On Lucy's Door

 It was late that night. Probably 9:42. It was just a moment ago that Lucy was done taking a shower, and now is putting on her usual clothing.

Today was a rough day for her but at the same time it was enjoyable. She had went on a mission with Team Natsu yesterday. Nothing big. Just guard a priceless necklace that cost fifteen times more than her rent money from a bunch of thieves or bandits. She thought it was an easy pay-up job thanks to the help of her friends. Everything was going fine until the fight started. Her friends nearly destroyed the jewelry shop. Thankfully, the thieves were smart enough to surrender before the store had a chance to collapse. In the end, the owner did pay, but the dough was cut way short than it’s usual. Can’t blame him why.

Haven’t mentioned what happened today? Well, let’s just say Team Natsu was ready for round two, but our smart Celestial mage had refused whole-heartedly. She left the guild early, furious of their intention of wanting to have another go. She didn’t hate them. She could never hate them, but she just wasn’t in a good mood to go on another mission to beat up bad guys and destroy towns, then earn nothing but a penny in the end. She would rather take on a job by herself and finish it by herself. That way she could actually earn some cash to properly pay her rent.

The day was still young so she thought about going shopping for clothes or groceries. It had been a while since she did those things so she spent the rest of the day buying stylish new clothes and fresh food.

She sighed happily, stretching her arms upward. “What a day!”

She looked at herself in the mirror and blow dried her golden hair. “It’s been a while since I had time for myself. Felt like I was in paradise.” She smiles. She then combs her hair. After about five minutes she gets up, looking at the time on her desk it read 10:00.

She thought to herself for a while, then decided. “Maybe watching an action movie wouldn’t be so bad.” She thought a little further. “With some popcorn, soda, the light turned off. “YES!” She jumped excitedly and ran downstairs, into her kitchen.

~Time Skip~ 

She sat down on her cozy couch and put up her favorite movie: Terminator 2 – Judgment Day. “I love the futuristic robot. His got the coolest moves. And the coolest accent.” She pops four popcorn into her mouth. “Plus he’s a total badass.” She giggles to herself. It was her first time saying the word. Who wouldn’t think is fun and funny. Besides, since she’s alone no one can hear what she says nor what she does. “Nothing can ruin this day.”

And like in all clichéd nothing-can-go-wrong moments there was a knock on the door.

Knock. Knock. Knock. 

Lucy paused the movie and got up from her couch. She checks the time again: 11:37. “Who could it be at this hour? It can’t be Natsu. He’s always in the guild at this hour.” Then something dings in her head. What if it’s a robber? I don’t have my keys and I don’t have the time to get them. Quick! Think Lucy! Think! Then another ding. I know.

She runs back into her kitchen again and gets the best weapon that has been used by women for the past centuries since it has been invented.

A pan.

More knockings on the door. This time louder than before.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!