Taehyung was looking at him. He looked... apprehensive. But Taehyung brought himself back and went back to discussing something silently with his assistant.

The trial began. The jury sat on the other side, numerous men and women. Jeongguk sat on a seat, watching as Mr. Adams stood up, Taehyung standing on the other side. The judge walked in. Everyone rose up. The judge motioned everyone to be seated, and Jeongguk sat down.

The trial began.

They began with their opening statements. "Your honor," Mr. Adams spoke, voice coarse. "My client is innocent. The money inherited by him which was put into foreign reserves was not originated from illegal activities. The evidence is clearly stated in those papers, your honor."

Some papers were handed to the judge. He looked over them. He hummed. Mr. Adams spoke some more. Jeongguk didn't really pay attention. He was old and boring and spoke for far too long. Everyone looked as if they were tempted to rise from their wooden seats and walk out of here.

"Mr. Kim, your opening statements, please." The judge said, looking over at Taehyung, his eyes knowing as if waiting for some elaborate speech. Jeongguk had never seen Taehyung in court before, but everyone always talked about it as if it was something glorious.

"Your honor, Mr. Adams is 89 years old and frankly, is no better than his client," Taehyung began, a smug look on his face. Mr. Adams looked rather offended as he was only 71. "Those papers are fabricated. They've got electrical typewriters and, well, I'm sure you can understand the rest, your honor. What they cannot fabricate is papers from the banks itself, showing millions of dollars behind hidden away in these foreign banks." Taehyung said bluntly. The judge got papers, and then rose his eyebrow at Mr. Adams judgingly. Mr. Adams stayed quiet.

Just like that, they moved onto the questioning. Right before it, Jeongguk saw the client muttering at Mr. Adams, saying more abusive things about Kim Taehyung. Jeongguk only listened. The questioning of witnesses began. The client, Mr. George, was put on the stand. He swore by oath, to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.

Taehyung walked up to him, hands in his pockets, looking more relaxed. Jeongguk felt himself get a little annoyed by how careless he looked.

"What did your grandfather do, Mr. George?" Taehyung asked, slow.

"He had a farm."

"A big farm?" Taehyung asked, raising his eyebrow.

"A normal sized farm."

"Irrelevant, your honor." Mr. Adams grumbled. The judge raised his hand up, letting Taehyung continue.

"I assume your grandfather's farm had little to no impact to your current wealth," Taehyung said, sharp-spoken. Mr. George hesitated. Taehyung continued. "What did your father do?"

"Mr. Kim, please ask questions relevant to the subject at hand." The judge said.

"My father worked at a factory."

"So no inherent family wealth, I see. You've done quite well for yourself, Mr. George. Earned all this money on your own terms. Now, let me get this right- your money that was in the foreign banks wasn't inheritance, but rather, your own money? But not obtained from your work, but someplace else? And it wasn't illegal?"

Mr. George stilled. Taehyung smirked.

"Now that isn't the only crime you've been committing, is it, Mr. George?" Taehyung said in a hushed voice. The jury leaned in curiously. Jeongguk tilted his head.

"Objection, your honor. Leading." Mr. Adams snapped. The judge put his hand up, shutting him up once more.

"At this moment, I would like to read a letter- sent by Mr. George to his dear friend at the Swiss Bank. Mr. Thomas Bernard." Taehyung spoke snarkily, and then picked a piece of paper up from his table. A copy of the same paper was given to the judge.