"I d-didn't-" Veronica began, her voice watery, barely legible. "D-didn't even say goodbye,"

Taehyung wrapped his arms around her, and she tucked her head in his neck, bursting into loud cries. Taehyung brushed her black hair. "I'm so sorry."

Veronica continued crying, loud, like a child, a broken child who'd just lost her mother. Her bawls grew louder, tears staining Taehyung's shirt. Taehyung held onto her tighter, closing his eyes. He held for some time.

"Veronica," Taehyung said softly. Her cries softened. "It's okay. She's not in pain anymore. She loves you so, she'll continue to."

Veronica held onto him. "I-I was such a bad daughter," Veronica trembled, looking down. "I ran away from home. Did everything she told me not to. I was never what she wanted."

"She was so proud of you, love," Taehyung said, brushing the tears away from her cheeks. "You know she was. And she knew how much you loved her."

Veronica looked down. Taehyung kissed her forehead, seeing her eyes. "You can cry," Taehyung said gently, and Veronica felt tears roll down her cheeks. "It's alright."

After some time, Taehyung helped her up and sat her down on the couch. He went to the kitchen to get a glass of water for her and went back to the living room. She was sat on one side, hand against her temple. He gave her the glass of water, and she took a small sip of it.

"I'll ask Jackson to get us dinner," Taehyung said swiftly. "Take rest for now. I'll call your workplace and tell them you need some time from work-"

"Taehyung," Veronica said, voice hoarse. Taehyung stopped in his steps and looked at her. She was looking into the wall. "I... I c-can't let you divorce me."

Taehyung felt guilt rising in his chest. "Veronica, it's fine. Don't think about that right now, it isn't what's important. We can discuss it later-"

"No. W-we can't." Veronica said, quiet. "I have to tell you now. I-" Veronica took a deep breath, and then looked at him. "I must. I can't keep it to myself. Mother- mother would want me to tell you-"

Taehyung walked closer to her. "What is it?" He asked.

Veronica looked at Taehyung for a few seconds and then gulped. She looked as if she was thinking of something elaborate, something more stretched, some that'd make more sense, but she couldn't. It had to be curt and short. "I'm pregnant."

Taehyung froze. He felt time stop moving around him. Taehyung looked at her, eyes blank. "W-what?"

"I'd been with mother for- for so long, spent ages with her in the hospital. She could tell s-something was wrong with me and urged me to check with doctors. I- um- I did a pregnancy test of sorts, and-"

"Veronica." Taehyung breathed out, hands clenched. "Who's- who's is it?"

Veronica looked down. Taehyung's jaw gritted. "It could b-be anyone's. You've slept with- I'm sorry- you've slept with so many men, and-"

"Taehyung, i-it's yours," Veronica said, trailing, words feathery, unreal. "I've a-always used condoms or-or some sort of contraceptive with other men. But n-not with you. Not with-"

Taehyung's eyes widened. Veronica looked at him, felt a fleeting sense, as if Taehyung would leave instantly. "Listen to m-me, please. I know- I know y-you'll think I'm telling you this because y-you said to get divorced. But- but that's what I came home to tell you in the beginning. But then I found you h-here with Jeongguk-"

"You're pregnant?" Taehyung breathed out, still in shock. "With m-my child?"

"Our ch-child." Veronica bubbled out, and then looked at Taehyung fearfully.