𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

"𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐧."

_______________________________

Your skin was still stained red in the morning. The remnants of the face scrubbing shone through as you washed your face, the rough texture of your skin soon disappearing once you applied moisturizer. Your heart fluttered in your chest, stomach growing more and more excited the longer morning practice grew near. After realizing what you had just thought you looked back in the mirror with a questioning look. What the actual fuck?

After mentally slapping yourself in the face, you finished getting ready, shoving your phone in your bag and heading straight for the door. You were early. No one seemed to be inside but the doors to the gym were wide open. You quickly made your way into the girls locker room. Tidying your stuff into a locker, slipping on the sweatpants and zip up that was accustomed to being a sports team manager.

Since no one else was inside the gym you zoomed over to the supply closet to grab the volleyball bin. You felt the presence of someone else as soon as you walked into the room. A tall figure appeared from the shadows and started walking towards you. Your heart skipped a beat at the disheveled hair in front of you. Kuroo ruffled your hair with a sly grin, you uttered a small "morning" in response.

"So the paint wasn't permanent after all?" Kuroo laughed, gesturing to your face as he helped you grab the basket.

"Obviously not dumbass." You rolled your eyes, stomach feeling giddy and anxious at the sight of him.

"Well it settled into your pores didn't it? I thought that it would have a lasting effect." He shrugged as the grin on his face grew wider.

"Oh just shut up." You settled, going back to the closet to grab the parts to set up the net. First, you needed to secure the net poles into the gym floor.

"Do you need help?" Kuroo yelled over to you as you tried to move with the heavy pole in your hands. You were very much struggling and did in fact need help, but you weren't going to admit that. Obviously.

You shuffled through the gym trying not to fall over with the heavy object, being laughed at by the tall boy in front of you. You were almost to the floor plates when you felt your feet come from under you. Stumbling with the metal pole in your hands you were falling onto the court. In a blink of an eye you heard the thunderous bang of the metal as it hit the floor. Anticipating the pole to have fallen on you, you were waiting for the pain to set it but, you opened your eyes to be met with something else.

Kuroo's foot was smushed under the metal.

"Shit." He gasped finally looking down at his foot. His toes were completely crushed by the heavy metal. You sat in shock, hand covering your mouth as you began to laugh.

"DUDE SHUT UP THIS IS YOUR FAULT!" Kuroo yelled back with the pole still resting on his foot, you continued to laugh until your stomach began to ache and the corners of your eyes grew wet with tears.

"Are you okay?" You finally asked with a smile, trying to lift the pole off the ground with assistance from the injured man himself. Kuroo lightly limped as you dragged the object into place.

"I'll probably have to sit out for warm up but, i'm sure i'll be okay." He shrugged it off but you couldn't help but question his judgement. Kuroo lightly patted you on the shoulder and moved past you. He let his leg drag behind him as he sashayed back to the closet.