Lesson 31: Boys Can Help Discover New Things

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. Wait, where did you guys go?" I asked. My mum held up a sandwich.

"To the hospital's cafeteria. They actually make some good food, for a hospital." She explained, and I nodded, sighing.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing, I'm just tired. Let's go home." I said, and she nodded. We said bye to Selena and her parents, then finally left the hospital.

*****

I layed on my bed, sighing. I was still thinking about Derek and Joe? Who would I choose?

You're talking about them like they're objects. My inner voice pointed out, and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever!" I said quite loudly, and covered my mouth in embarrassment after.

"Honey, are you talking to yourself?" I heard my mum call from the room next to mine.

"No, mum. I'm talking to Hugo." I replied.

"Hugo's downstairs."

My eyes widened as I thought of a good explanation.

"Well, sometimes I just like having conversations with myself, I comfort myself a lot, you know." I blurted out, cringing at how that sounded.

"Just one normal child.. That's all I want." I heard her mutter, and I laughed slightly.

"What about Chloe?" I called out to her.

"Mummy!" I heard Chloe's voice say suddenly. "Can I keep the pigeon in the fridge now?" I heard her plead.

"What pigeon?"

"The pigeon I kidnapped yesterday," Chloe said in a 'duh' tone. "I buried it in our backyard so it wouldn't rot."

"Just one normal child. Just one." I heard my mum mutter again.

I got up and closed my bedroom door, bringing out my homework from my school bag. I was solving a maths problem when I suddenly thought of something. I quickly grabbed my phone and dialled Derek.

"Hello? Amber?" I heard him say.

"Yes, it's me."

"Why are you calling me, I thought you wanted some time away from me and Joe." He said sarcastically, and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up. I'm calling because I want to know two days ago, you talked to me on Facebook." I replied.

"Nope. I haven't been on Facebook for ages."

"Really now?" I said, more to myself.

"Yeah. Now, is there anything else, or can I go back to my video game?" He asked, and I gasped.

"You paused you video game for me?" I exclaimed.

"Actually, it was frozen." He said sheepishly. Of course.

"So, if it wasn't frozen, would you answer your phone?" I asked.

"Nope." He admitted.

"Boys will be boys." I sighed.

"Bye, then."

"Bye."

I hung up and carried on with my homework, thinking about what I'd heard. So, Derek wasn't the one who said all those mean things. Then who was it?

Obviously someone who wanted to break us up. Who wanted me heart-broken.

Then I remembered what Alice had told me: 'I will get revenge, Amber. You stole my true love away from me; I will steal yours away from you.'

Could it be her?

Or was it Maria?

Today's Lesson: Boys Can Help Discover New Things

****

HEY AGAIN!

Sorry for the late update! I'm working on the next chapter for my other story Doing It My Way, but I decided to write this and get it done and over with it!

So, who do you think Amber will pick?

Joe or Derek?

Do you guys still hate Derek for those 'messages'?

Will something happen at Homecoming?

COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!!

So, vote and comment, and random song today. Sorry about any mistakes, oh and click the external link!

STAY POSITIVE!! :P

P.S Pic on the side is Selena when she was giving Amber the thumbs up! XD