twenty four (24)

*simon's point of view*

the bed idea seemed really smart, i'm not gonna lie. but when he woke me up this morning and i found that both of us were squished onto the space of one bed again, i kind of regretted all of the effort we put into it last night.

somehow, wilhelm trained his brain to wake him up at 6:15 on weekdays, but not weekends. i didn't get it, but nevertheless, every morning he woke me up right after he was awake. he did it the same way every time, too. he would very gently run his hand through my hair a few times. after that, he would do it a little harder, and usually that woke me up. if it didn't he would use his finger to just barely trace the bone structure of my face, leaving my skin with a weird and uncomfortable tickly feeling. he fortunately didn't have to do that today.

"good morning, pretty boy," he said softly when my eyes started to flutter open.

i stretched and smiled at him. the way the bits of light that were peeking through the blinds were hitting his skin gave him a glow that seemed unearthly. i couldn't believe he was real. was he real?

i reached out and touched his arm.

he gave a confused laugh and raised an eyebrow at me.

"what was that for?"

"you're prettier," i said, stuffing myself back into the blanket.

he moved closer to me.

"that's very sweet," he smiled, "but you still have to wake up."

i groaned. why did classes have to start so stupid-early.

i threw my covers off.

"happy?"

"yes, very."

after we both got out of bed, we walked to his bathroom to brush our teeth. i left a toothbrush here and he left one in my room because of how inconsistent we were with where we slept. we would probably be sleeping in his room a lot more now, though.

we went to get dressed after that, and normally i would go to my room to pick out clothes, but i didn't feel like it today. his clothes were more comfortable anyway. some days he wold wear something completely over the top because i think he liked me standing there speechless. but it was friday, and some of our friends were coming to watch a movie later, so today was not one of those days

we walked out of the door at 6:53 so we could be early for breakfast and get all of the good food. we've been walking down the hall hand in hand every day, and at first people reacted to it, but now it was just routine. when we got to the dining hall, barely anyone was there. we picked out our food and sat down.

my phone dinged in my pocket.

after i read the text i showed it to wilhelm

after i read the text i showed it to wilhelm. he read it and nodded.

"do you want to go?" he asked blankly.