Year 1- Christmas

Start from the beginning

Melissa reached into the hat and picked a random name.

Next, Nadine went.

"Um, what do I do if I got myself?" She asked.

"Uh...put yourself back in and choose again" Cressida instructed.

"Wow, everyone putting Nadine back" Jenetta laughed.

"I feel so unwanted" Nadine sniffed and wiped nonexistent tears.

After Nadine, Y/n went, then Cressida. Everyone was deep in thought of what they would get for who they chose.

***

During the weeks leading up to the Christmas holidays, the students allowed to go to Hogsmeade began a sort of "business".

The first and second years would give them money to buy what they desired from Hogsmeade and a little extra so that they could have gifts for their friends.

This was something that the five Slytherin dorm mates had to do in order to get their "Secret Santa" gifts.

Y/n had just given a random Slytherin fourth year her money to buy Nadine a gift.

She had planned on getting her a book.

Nadine had been going on for weeks about this Herbology book that included some things they wouldn't even be taught during their school years. She did have quite the passion for that kind of stuff, and was good at it too.

When the fourth year returned, she handed Y/n the book discretely and Y/n quickly took it up to her dorm to wrap, since the other four girls weren't going to be back for another half an hour.

Y/n wrapped the book as neatly as she could. She then wrote Nadine's name on the wrapping with her non dominant hand so that wouldn't give her away.

Finally, she placed it in her trunk until the morning when they would exchange gifts.

Which came sooner than expected.

Professors had been adding to the workload as Christmas approached, as if all the students' knowledge would dissolve over the holidays.

The day before everyone left for the holidays arrived and Y/n was lying in bed, only to be awoken by an excited Cressida.

"Y/n, wake up! Guess what today is!"

"Hmmm what?"

"Not Christmas!" Cressida exclaimed happily.

Since she was going home for the break, the girls had decided on doing their Secret Santa exchange before she left.

"It's not Christmas!?" Jenetta asked excitedly.

"Yup!"

"Alright! Let's do this 'Santa Super Spy' thing!"

"Secret Santa" Cressida corrected her.

"Oh whatever" Jenetta waved a dismissive hand "let's just open some presents"