Year 1- Not Nice To Meet You

3RD PERSON POV

3RD PERSON POV

Y/n leaned over her bubbling cauldron. Hot steam rose up and took her slightly by surprise.

She wiped some sweat off her forehead and began stirring the cauldron again.

The room potions class took place in was uncomfortably hot today, due to everyone making potions that seemed to have a warming effect on its surroundings before turning an icy blue colour and helping with light wounds. Such as paper cuts and bruises.

Professor Snape was standing at the front, closely watching all the students work.

Suddenly, the door was yanked open and a group of about 4 boys stumbled in.

Three of them seemed to be ushering the fourth one forward. He had light brown, almost dirty blonde, hair and hazel eyes.

Snape turned to the group of boys and had a look of much displeasure on his face.

"Boys, I do not have you until later today. Explain your appearance during my class." Snape demands.

"W-well" the front boy turns to the others, who were nodding him on "we figured that you could teach us now so that maybe later you'd have the time to.....er- wash your hair"

Snape's face contorted into an expression that can only be described as utter hatred.

"Leave my class now and all four of you have detention tonight." Snape said in a low growl.

The boys quickly ushered out chuckling, the front boy flashing an apologetic grin to the rest of the class.

Though, a certain student caught his eye.

Y/n was still stirring her cauldron, which was now almost bubbling over. She had forgotten it for a moment, distracted by the boys' diversion.

He gave her a sort of entranced smile and a sheepish wave.

Y/n looked behind her, making sure it was her that he was waving at. Once she was sure, she just gave a small smile, not wanting Snape to think she was an accomplice in this ordeal.

The boy's smile grew even more and he had to be dragged out by one of his friends.

Y/n just looked down at her cauldron, confused as to what had just happened.

The rest of the class went back to working on their potions, some of which, had bubbles over onto the floor.

Snape's foul mood didn't improve at all for the rest of the lesson. Criticizing every single student's potion for the most minuscule problems.