40. The Finale

Previously: You were diagnosed with a perforated eardrum and you were reconnected with Harley.

It's been a few days and your ear is all healed. Today would've been your first day back at the BAU, but Rossi planned a party. You don't know who or what it was for, but a party is a party. You had picked out a low-cut off white-ish dress that was patterned with red and blue flowers that laced in the front. After you picked out your dress, you got your nails done.

You went with a translucent white for the base color, but for the accent nail on the ring finger, you got a marble design with two gold glitter streaks. Rossi said that the party would take over the whole day, and that he would be willing to serve lunch and dinner. So, with that in mind, you got ready for the day. The night before, you braided your damp hair into two french braids.

You threw on a shower cap to protect your hair from getting wet again. After taking quick shower, you dry off and get dressed. Since your hair was still braided and there was no hair in the way, you decided to start on your make up. You didn't like to use foundation so you used concealer on places you needed it. Once it was blended in, you did mascara because if you accidentally got any on your eyelid, there was no way you were going to re-do your eye makeup.

After you were finished with your make up, you took your braids out. Since they were a little frizzy, you applied some hair product so it didn't look as messy. You put in your earrings and other jewelry. Once you did a look-over to see how you looked and was satisfied, you grabbed your purse and your keys.

You were a bit hungry so you drove by Dunks to get your usual order. You made sure not to get any crumbs on your dress or anywhere on your face. After you were done eating, you quickly threw away your trash then made your way to to Rossi's place. Once you arrived, the parking area was empty. You got out of your car and looked through the windows, the lights were dimmed. You knocked on the door and Rossi opened it.

Rossi: "Y/N, benvenuto*! Come on in!"

* - "Welcome"

Y/N: "Thank you Rossi." You say with a smile.

Rossi opens the door a bit to let you in.

Y/N: "Where is everyone else? Doesn't it start right about now?"

Rossi: "It does, because our guest of honor just arrived." He said smiling afterward.

Y/N: "Oh really? Who?" You say while looking out the window and around you.

Rossi: "You!"

Then suddenly all of the lights switch on and everyone jumps out to say "Surprise!".

Y/N: "What is this for? Did I miss something?"

Penelope: "It's an appreciation party!"

Y/N: "Why for me? Shouldn't it be for you? Hotch? Or literally anyone else?"

Emily: "It's because of how much you've grown as a person."

JJ: "And because of everything you've went through."

Y/N: "Everyone goes through something, may it be minuscule or something gigantic."

Morgan: "You may be right, but even after everything you've been through, you've remained to be yourself."