Part 5

With all of her energy, Charlotte leaped towards the monster with all her might, lifted the sword higher up and ardourly swung. The sword smashed right through the monster's neck. But it was not enough. Just a few drops of blood dropped down from the monster's neck as he reached out his claws, ready to fight back. Charlotte felt an intense wince of pain on her arm. Three long streaks of blood dripped down her arm. Despite the excruciating pain, Charlotte tried her best to ignore it and swung the sword right over the monster's claws.

Over and over again, Charlotte swung repeatedly with great might, aiming at different body parts. Charlotte felt a small glimpse of joy as the monster's claws no longer seemed fierce, and his whole body splattered with blood. The monster wobbled from side to side, no longer savage and having enough power for retaliation. Charlotte couldn't believe her eyes as she heard a loud bang. The monster collapsed on the sand floor, losing consciousness.

Charlotte felt a feeling of success in her heart as she made a small smile. She, just a twelve-year-old young lady, had actually defeated a monster many times her size! She panted as she put down the sword, sweat dripping down her red and puffy face.

Her joy was replaced with more confusion as she stood on the sand. Now that the monster was out of her way, did that mean success? Did that mean she could go home and be her mother's proudest girl?

Charlotte felt the pumping of her heart freeze as her thoughts were immediately interrupted by something she never expected to happen.............

Turns out, the journey back home was far longer than Charlotte thought. In fact, all the violence and barbarity she experienced was just the very, very beginning.