Chapter 18: D.S. Umbrella

Start from the beginning

"Love, I found something," Five said.

I walked over to see him holding an invitation for a gala, "Is that good enough for us to leave now?"

He folded the invitation and put it in his pocket, "Yes, it is. Let's go find—" he was cut off by something clattering in the room.

Five and I looked at each other before he started moving towards the sound, "stay behind me."

We both stopped when a small ape peered out from the corner.

Oh, my God...

"Is that?" I asked.

"Pogo," Five whispered.

We both knelt down and Pogo walked over to us.

"It's all right little buddy," Five smiled.

"He's adorable," I said as I held out my hand.

Pogo looked at it for a second before taking it.

I teared up, "oh my gosh, you're so cute."

He walked closer and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back and looked over at Five. He was smiling at me.

Pogo let me go and walked over to Five.

"Pogo, it's good to see you," Five said as he went to hug him. Pogo screamed and scratched Five's neck.

"Five!" I yelled as I went over and looked at him

Pogo ran and jumped out the window.

Oh no...

"Are you okay?" I asked him as he held his neck.

"I'm fine," he said as he stood up while he kept holding his neck.

"Love, you're bleeding. Let me heal it real quick," I said as I took his hand.

"It's fine," He said letting my hand go.

"Five, it will only take a minute," I said.

"Diego!" He yelled as he walked towards the door.

I sighed and followed him.

***

We couldn't find Diego anywhere, so we just came back to Elliott's. Diego was laying passed out on the couch while Lila was cauterizing his wound. What the hell happened to him?

"Oh, he isn't dead," Five said.

"Disappointed?" Lila asked him.

"Oh, to see you? Always," Five said as he bent down to grab a tissue.

"So much hostility in such a tiny package," Lila said, "How did you get such a sweet girl like her to be with you?"

Five ignored her and placed the tissue over the scratch that was still bleeding. I wish he would just let me heal it.

"Did you cut your self shaving?" Lila asked him, "I could teach you to shave like a big boy."

"No, we just ran into an old family friend," he said.

I sighed and rubbed his shoulder before I looked behind us to see Elliott (who is still tied up) sleeping in the chair. "Five," I said.

He looked at me and I pointed at Elliott. He looked at him before turning to Lila, "You didn't untie him?"

"Was I supposed to?" she asked.

"Would've been nice," I said. She just shrugged and went back to tending to Diego.

I sighed and turned to Five, "Can I take care of your neck now?"

He sighed, "Fine."

I grabbed his hand and pulled him to our room. I placed my hand on his neck and closed my eyes. I focused on the scratch healing. I opened my eyes and looked at his neck. All healed.

"Thanks," he said.

"Of course," I said as I pulled him into a hug, "I'm sorry you didn't get a hug from Pogo."

"It's fine," he kissed my head, "your hugs always make me feel better."

I pecked his lips, "Your hugs make me feel better too."

He smiled and kissed me. He placed his hands on my hips and pulled me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck.
He pulled away and looked at me, "I love you so much," he kissed me again. He pushed me against the wall without breaking the kiss. I moved my hands, so my fingers were tangled in his hair. Five snuck his hands under my shirt and held my waist. Chills ran through my body causing me to lightly pull at his hair. He groaned making me smile in the kiss.

After a minute or two, Five pulled away and rested his head on mine. "We should probably get some rest."

"Did you just recommend that we go to sleep? I'm shocked," I smiled.

He chuckled, "just get ready for bed."

I kissed his cheek and let go of him. I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a pair of light blue pajamas. I walked into the bathroom and changed into them.

I walked out to see Five laying in bed. I walked over and climbed in next to him. He reached over and turned off the lamp before wrapping his arm around me. He pecked my lips, "goodnight, Love."

"Night," I said as I closed my eyes.

The next morning

Five and I were eating breakfast at the table when one of Elliott's machines started beeping.

"Hey, we got one," Elliott said, "One of those machines you asked for is going crazy."

Five and I both got up and went over to him. "Which one?" Five asked.

"It's the, uh, atmospheric radar," Elliott said as we all looked at the machine.

"Good," Five said.

"I don't get it. What are you guys tracking? A hurricane? A storm front?" Elliott asked us.

"Sound waves," Five smiled.

"Sound waves," Elliott smiled.

Five took my hand and blinked us out of the building.

***

We walked through a cornfield. I held Five's hand super tight because I didn't want to get lost.

"You don't have to hold my hand so tight I got you," Five chuckled.

"It's easy to get lost in a cornfield," I said.

"I would never let you get lost and you know that," he said as we came up to a water pump.

"I know," I said kissing his cheek.

He gave me a small smile before walking towards a section of corn and moved it out of the way, "Hi, Vanya."

I walked over and smiled at her, "Hey, V."

"Who are you guys?" she asked us.

"We're your siblings," I said.

"I have siblings?" She asked as she stood up.

"Look, you can either stay here and wait for the IKEA mafia to come back to kill you or you can come with us," Five said as he took my hand and started walking back towards the corn.

"Why are they trying to kill me?" she asked as she followed us.

"Cuz you're not supposed to be here, Vanya," Five said as we moved our way through the corn.

"In Dallas?"

"No. Here, in 1963," he said.

We got to the part of corn Vanya must've knocked down with her powers.

"Holy shit," Vanya said.

"Yeah, pretty wild, right?" Five smiled, "It's good to see your powers are still intact. Let's go."