Chapter 2

The clock in the hall by the front door rang five times which meant that Vernon Dursley would soon be home.

That was a thought that scared Harry Potter because he knew that he'd have to get up some how to make their food that was if he'd be allowed to do it tonight.

Harry had been sleeping for most of the day and the other half he'd spent in excruciating pain from all the cuts, sores, and possible broken bones he had. There was only one time he'd actually made a noise and actually it wasn't him at all, something had fallen across the hall in Dudley's room but because it was something that came from upstairs. Poor Harry was blamed for it, but he was used to stuff like that and the pain was worse than anything he'd ever imagined.

Vernon pulled up to the house and got out of his car before slowly making his way inside the house. He smiled at his family before asking them about the boy upstairs. "He was okay daddy. We only had to make him scream once!" Dudley exclaimed happily and smiled proudly. Vernon nodded and started to acsend the stairs up to Harry's room
Harry froze, going stiff and straight as a board as he heard the thunderous footsteps of his oaf of an uncle, stomping up the stairs before coming to a stop in front of the door. He gulped and tried to pretend that he was sleeping so that maybe Vernon would go away. The poor boy didn't have that good of luck as his uncle opened the door and walked in shutting the door behind him. Harry held his breath as he was covered in Vernon's shadow and waited before he was all of a sudden grabbed, head thrown back. Harry whimpered and looked to Vernon the best he could since his head was pulled back, he teared up, gritting his teeth. "So tell me boy, were you good? Or were you horribly bad and had to be punished today?" Vernon sneered and stared at Harry, waiting for the answer.

Harry gulped before slowly speaking. "I-I had to be p-punished once today sir.." The tears slowly falling down his cheeks. "Ahh..so the little freak was a bad boy today..well then he'll need to be punished." Vernon smirked and grabbed a whip as he started to beat Harry again except this time was different, Vernon showed no signs of stopping. Vernon continued to whip and then hit Harry with his fists. This specific beating went on for 5 hours and at the end Vernon spit on the boy, and started cutting the rope, taking care to leave the rod in Harry and his one wrist still tied to the bed.

Harry curled onto his side and whimpered closing his eyes, sleeping the rest of the week away. The poor wizard was so drained and weak that he would only wake up for short amounts of time but the times he was awake for his whole body hurt and ached a lot.

What this young wizard didn't know that he only had one day not counting that day, until he left for Hogwarts and he'd not even get to begin his school shopping