Chapter 41 Unattainable Love

Start from the beginning

"I still have the letters in my jacket pocket," Hassan's voice rings out softly as he puts his hand on his breast pocket. He falls silent and loses himself in thought.

Sam sees it working in Hassan. He looks a little desperate. But behind the despair is more. Another feeling wears the mask of despair.

"The letters can stay in your pocket for now. When you're ready. And if you want, we can open the letters together on Friday. Then I'll accompany you in the feelings that arise," Sam says mildly.

Hassan looks at him. His eyes thank him and he exhales deeply.

"That's a brilliant idea. I thank you so much. Thank you, Sam," Hassan says sincerely.

"And what happened after you put the letters in your jacket pocket?", Sam leads the conversation.

Hassan stares at his hands again.

"I met up with my boys. And hit my best friend," Hassan's sad voice rings out.

And before Sam can respond, there's a knock on the door.

Sam jolts up briefly and looks at the clock above his door.

9:46 a.m. YU has never come this early before.

He gets up and walks to the door with a smile, opens it and finally sees him again.

His YU.

YU's cat eyes light up big and he holds out his hand to Sam with a sly smile.

Sam grins broadly and extends his hand to him.

They both enjoy the touch and Sam breaks contact.

"Hassan, let me introduce you to YU Teng. He is my assistant and the 10 o'clock session.

YU, Hassan Kybari is one of my subjects.", Sam introduces both of them.

Hassan still looks concerned. He stands up and greets YU politely with an outstretched hand. YU looks at his hand for a long time and finally shakes it.

"Sam, thank you so much for giving me your time. I'm so glad I could see you again and I'm really looking forward to our session on Friday. I truly believe God sent you to me. May he keep you safe." says Hassan with wide, admiring eyes.

"I don't want to disturb you any further. See you Friday then.", he says goodbye.

Sam puts his hand on Hassan's shoulder and stops him from leaving. Only when the latter looks him in the eye again does he say:

"Hassan, no matter what happened, everything will be fine. You can be really proud of yourself. You're getting closer to yourself. That's good."

Hassan puts his hand on Sam's shoulder, too.

"I have only you to thank for that. Where have you been all this time?" he smiles.

Sam nods.

"Not everyone finds their way to themselves. It all catches up with us eventually anyway, better sooner than later," Sam replies, smiling.

They stand facing each other and nod encouragement to each other until they say goodbye with a tap on the shoulder.

Hassan bows discreetly to YU and leaves the room.

And YU stands still as a raging whirlwind ravages his insides.

He stands still as he hears a deafening scream rage through his body.

He stands still.

And sees Sam's mouth forming words. He speaks. Gestures with his hands. Laughs uproariously and shakes his head.