Rain

Leah POV

I began shuffling on my feet, waiting for the teacher to stop talking. However, my wishes weren't meet. I ended up staring off into space, daydreaming about being in the pack house while enjoying the pouring rain outside instead of sitting here. Soon, my fingers tapped the desk and was in unison with the rhythm of my feet.
"Ugh," I breathed a sign of misery, one I had been holding in since I first sat in this seat. My eyes shifted from the ceiling to the clock. Ten minutes was all I had left. Ten minutes until I had my well deserved freedom to be under the pouring rain.

Finally the bell rang signalling the school has ended. I stuffed my things into my purple bag and quickly made my way out of the classroom. I was just about to exit the classroom when the teacher called out my name.
"Leah, I have to speak to you if you don't mind, it's something really important."
Well, duh. Of course I mind you old man.
I plastered a sweet fake smile on my face and my way towards him.

"Yes, Mr Antonio," I asked him while trying to look patient.
"Can you please give this file to Alpha Nathan since I have an important meeting to go to now?"
"Sure, Mr Antonio. Is that all?"
"Yes, Leah and thank you." He smiled at me gratefully.
I just nodded my head and made my way towards my locker. The hallway is cleared except for a student or two lingering around. Well everybody is eager to go home that fast.

I made my way towards my red 2014 Dodge Viper SRT that Nathan bought for me on my Sweet Sixteen birthday. I ran to my car as it was still raining heavily. I drove to the pack house while turning on the stereo. My favourite song Ed Sheeran 'Don't' was playing. I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel while bobbing my head with the rhythm of the music.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I parked my car in the garage when I reached the pack house. I went in through the back door and threw my car keys on the countertop.
"Hey sis and Nate," I greeted my sis and Nathan who was busily watching The Hobbit. My sister and I watched it like 1 million times but the movie never grows old. I almost wanted to tell Nathan about the file that Mr Antonio told me to give him but by judging their expressions on their face, undoubtedly they will not listen to a thing I said.
"Well, I'm going to the backyard for a little while." I told them loudly.
Rayna and Nathan just nodded their head slowly without taking their eyes of the movie.

I just shrugged my shoulders and went to the backyard. I had always love the feeling of rain since I was a child. I love listening to the rain softly hit the windows or the roof as I go to sleep. It almost creates a feeling of comfort and being safe and that in itself will tend to lull me to sleep.

When I was a child, we had a bayhouse on an island in the back bays of the Gruff. The roof was made of tin and it rained quite often. The sound of the rain rhythmically hitting that tin roof while I slept in either a hammock or on a cot would gently rock me to sleep. My parents will be smiling brightly at me reminding me that nothing in the world could ever hurt me. That's a memory that is stirred up every time I hear it rain.

I love walking or hiking while it's raining, preferably when it's in the evening because there's just something...well, I'm not sure what word to use...but it's very calming but also sensual as well as the rain gently lands on your skin and trickles down your arms or legs plus the sound is just amazing and it really doesn't get much better than that.

When I was 10, my wish was to have my first kiss under the rain and the guy that I love looks at me directly in the eye and utter those beautiful three words that would have made me flying in cloud nine. But now, I would never even want to imagine it. I guess I don't believe in love anymore but I am not the bitter girl who thinks that there are no more meaning to life. Nope.

I am nice and kind but I just don't believe in love anymore. The death of my parents caused a big impact in my life. I had no idea what state would I ever be right now if not for my sister and Nathan, they are like my godparents.I started dancing slowly with the rain as my only source of music. I shut my eyes tight and lifted my head up while dancing. I let the music of the rain consume my thoughts and bring me back to what happened five years ago.
🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Hey my beautiful lovelies out there,
Thank you so much for supporting my story by commenting, voting or being a silent reader.
I really appreciate it so much.

Next chapter will be a slight memories of her past.

Hugs and face slaps,
Layla ❄️❄️❄️⛄️⛄️⛄️❄️❄️❄️