I decided to leave my bike next to a coffee house that was right on the beach. I decided to sit down at a spare table outside for a while and have some  coffee. A waitress quickly came to take my order and while I was waiting I looked around.

Next to me there was a table of kids around my age, maybe slightly younger. Out of the six kids sitting there, two were girls both with blond hair. One of them had long, wavy hair while the other girl sitting next to her had short and feathery hair. I couldn’t see their faces, since their backs were facing me, but the four guys who were sitting at their table were laughing at something one of the girls had just said.

One of them would look repeatedly at the girl with short blond hair every ten seconds or so. Even from here I could see that she also tilted her head his direction more then to the other guys. I could feel the attraction between them, but my intuition told me they hadn't admitted their feelings to each other yet.

Before I did anything hasty, I sensed if I wasn’t mistaken by feeling their emotions. As I thought, both were nervous and excited probably because they were sitting next to each other. I smiled to myself thinking how they needed a good push in the right direction so that they could overcome their shyness towards each other.

With a discrete flick of my wrist I made the girls ice tea spill all over him. I could see the whole scene; the glass just seemed to lose it’s balance and went all over the guys t-shirt and pants.

The girl leaped up from her chair and I could hear her exclaiming:

“Oh no! I’m so sorry! I’m so clumsy!”

The guy instead of getting angry just chuckled and replied:

“Well at least it wasn’t burning hot coffee.” And he smiled to the girl.

“Always the optimist,” she said. “Well I’m going to help you clean up.”

The guys smile grew into a big grin and he instantly said:

“Great!”

They both left together while their friends were left at the table. They were all smiling probably aware about both their crushes. They again started talking about whatever they had been talking about earlier, and I also went back to my coffee that had been brought to me in the mean time by the waitress. I quickly drank it, regretting the fact that I had bought a hot drink instead of a cool refreshing one, but it was to late to do anything about it.

After I paid, I walked towards the beach which was filled with people. Families had decided to take advantage of the last day of summer vacation, and where bathing in the sea. Couples laid on towels next to each other and where using their mouths for talking and other activities. I took of my plaid shirt as I walked along the beach shore until I found a spot that was much less crowded. I sat down on a rock and looked around me.

A man was selling ice cream a few feet away and I could see a group of guys in wetsuits talking animatedly.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed two figures coming out of the ocean.

From where I was sitting I saw that the shortest of the two had flippers on her feet and a snorkeling mask and tube on her face. She looked quite young, probably around 8, and was walking awkwardly with her flippers away from the sea.

The girl next to her, her sister I assumed, was my age and had her flippers in her hand and was trying to remove her mask. She was having a bit of trouble since it looked like her wavy light brown hair had been caught in the bands. She finally did manage to take them of after a good yank, and I was impressed that she didn’t let out a cry of pain.