Blast From The Past

The first quinjet arrived at Melina's secluded safe house after around 10 hours. It looked more like a pig farm that was out of place than a safe house an ex-Widow would live in. It looked like it belonged in the countryside rather than isolated in the mountains.

"Okay, listen up. Melina has been working closely with Dreykov most of her life. She's sneaky, and can't be trusted. Don't turn your back on her, and be prepared for anything." Nat said, everyone nodding, getting their gear ready.

"I'll head down to check it out." Hope said, shrinking and flying to see if there would be any sudden ambush.

"Valkyrie and Wanda, hold back until my signal. If things get heated, you come in." Nat told them, Valkyrie and Wanda nodded and then walked off to take cover.

"You ready for this?" Nat asked Yelena, who hadn't been the same since the mention of Melina's name.

"Always." Yelena said faintly smiling, hiding her exhaustion from all the fighting that has happened and was about to happen.

Hope's tiny figure began to fly back up towards the sisters, unharmed.

"There's no security, guards or other Widow's. It's just her." Hope said confused, enlarging herself. "Well, and pigs." She said, pointing to pigs in some sort of maze.

"Then that's all we need to know." Natasha stated. The sisters jumped from one cliff to another, making their way down to Melina's front door.

They didn't knock, they just walked in, not giving any time to rekindle.

"Check the bedrooms and I'll head for the kitchen and living room." Nat ordered Yelena, who quickly dispersed to check the bedrooms. Both sister were armed with loaded guns, and 8 inch knives in their suits, along with tasers and other weapons.

Nat was quiet, planning for a sneak attack on Melina. Yelena not so much. She kicked the doors open so hard some came off their hinges.

"Seriously?" Natasha said over comms, whisper-yelling. Yelena didn't reply, but Nat could practically hear her eye roll.

Natasha being distracted by Yelena's disruption made her vulnerable, and was unprepared to be face-to-face with Melina, and a large gun not so far away from her face.

"Drop it." Melina demanded, gesturing to Natasha's gun.

"Drop yours." Nat snapped, not lowering her gun even slightly. The women were face-to-face, or more technically gun-to-gun, neither lowering their weapons and both slowly pacing in circles. Neither wanted to take the first shot.

Out of the corner of her eye Nat could see Yelena sneaking up behind Melina, so she pretended as if she was about to shoot Melina to distract her.

Yelena crept up behind Melina quickly, tasering her arm and swiping her legs, sending her pummelling to the ground. Melina let out a grunt as she hit the hard floor, Yelena snatched her large gun and glared at her old Mother.

"Girls." Melina exhaled, pretending to be sincere about seeing them both after all those years. "Look at how you've grown." Melina fake cried, slowly standing back on her feet.

"Dreykov." Nat said. Melina stiffened at the mention of his name. "Where is he." She said angrily.

Melina was surprised to say the least. She looked to Yelena, who was glaring at her so hard that knives could cut the tension.

"I haven't heard that name in years." Melina lied, pouring herself a drink.

"Bullshit." Yelena snapped, almost crying. Melina raised her eyebrows at Yelena's anger, she had only ever seen the warm side to her.

"Sit down. Please." Melina said to them both, gesturing to the dinner table.

Natasha and Yelena cautiously made their way to Melina's table, Nat sitting opposite her and Yelena to the side.

"I don't know where Dreykov is. I haven't spoken to him in 21 years." Melina lied.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way. Your choice." Nat growled. Her eyes piercing Melina's.

"I raised you both. And this is how you repay me?" Melina cried, debating whether her own tears were real or not.

"Oh, please! You didn't raise us, you barely took care of us!" Natasha yelled, losing her patience.

"We we're happy." Melina said, tearing up.

"Who cares! It wasn't real so who cares!" Natasha spat, angry.

"Don't say that. Why would you say that it was real, it was real to me!" Yelena cried.

"You were my mother!" Yelena teared. "The best part of my life was fake, and you didn't even have to curtesy to tell me."

"I'm sorry." Melina replied, genuinely. Yelena got up and stormed out of the safe house, wiping her tears as she left.

"Yelena!" Natasha called after her. "Come in." Nat ordered. Hope, Wanda and Valkyrie appeared out of nowhere. Hope had been there the entire time, hiding in Melina's ceiling. Wanda had teleported herself and Valkyrie inside on Nat's signal.

"Ah, you came prepared." Melina reacted, unbothered.

"That doesn't surprise you?" Natasha replied.

"You always were one to take the easy road." Melina smirked wickedly. Nat glared at her, fists clenched so hard her fingernails bled.

"Enough games. Where is Dreykov?" Nat slammed her hand on the table. Melina barely reacted, smirking at her, unbothered. "Wanda." Nat looked to Wanda, implying to read her mind.

Wanda hastily grabbed Melina's head, searching for Dreykov's location.

"So that's how he's been hiding all these years." Wanda said, looking up to the others.

"You know where he is?" Natasha asked, relieved. Wanda nodded, and harshly let go of Melina's mind.

"Thank you for your cooperation." Wanda said to Melina nastily, leaving to find Yelena with the others.

Nat turned to look at Melina one last time, and then left for good.

"He'll kill you." Melina told Natasha. "If he doesn't you know who will." Melina stated, implying the brutality of Katerina Dreykov. She looked to a scar on her face in her reflection from when Katerina was told to kill her when she herself tried to escape the red room.

"I might take the easy option, Melina." Nat said. "But at least I'm not a coward." She snapped, and slammed the front door.

Nat made her way back up to the quinjet where everybody else was sat waiting, Yelena sat in the co-pilot seat.

"You okay?" Natasha asked her little sister. Yelena looked up at her with slightly puffy eyes.

"Wanda said she found Dreykov. The coordinates are laid in. Let's get this over with." Yelena replied, dodging the question. Nat gave her an empathetic look, but decided to discuss it once Dreykov was gone and Katerina was free.

"Let's go get this son of a bitch."