The Day The Spark Was Ignited

Start from the beginning

"Can you match pitch?" Chloe asked the Australian.

"Try me," the blond stated as if daring Chloe.

The redhead sang a series of three notes and the Australian matched all the notes perfectly.

"Your name?" Chloe asked.

"Fat Amy," the girl responded.

"You call yourself Fat Amy?" Aubrey asked finally chiming into the conversation.

"Yep. So you twig bitches don't do it behind my back," Amy replied simply causing Chloe and Aubrey to exchange looks.

---------------------------------------

Time passed by and the girls were able to recruit some girls to come to auditions, but they definitely hadn't recruited enough girls to have a complete group. When Chloe saw a short alternative girl she thought that she would be the perfect addition to the group.

"Oh, what about her?" Chloe asked as the short brunette approached the booth.

"Oh I don't know, she looks a little too alternative for us," Aubrey says clearly not liking the girl at all.

"Hi! Any interest in auditioning for our A Capella group?" Chloe asked the girl.

"Oh right, this is like a thing now." The shorter girl stated sarcastically.

"Oh totes, we sing covers of songs but we do it without any instruments. It's all from our mouths!" Chloe replied enthusiastically to the girl.

"Yikes." She replied back, not sure if Chloe was being serious or not.

"So are you interested?" Chloe asked in her usual bubbly tone.

"Sorry, it's just... it's pretty lame."

"Aca-scuse me?" Aubrey had decided she had finally had enough of this girl and her sarcasm. She was determined now to put the hobbit in her place. "Synchronized lady dancing to a Mariah Carey chart-topper is not lame."

"We sing all over the world and we compete in national championships," Chloe said, trying to cover for Aubrey's sudden bitchiness.

"On purpose?" The brunette questioned, which only further infuriated Aubrey.

"We played the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center, you bitch!" Aubrey was ready to reach forward and punch the girl in the face but luckily Chloe was there to diffuse the situation.

"What Aubrey means to say is that we're a close-knit, talented group of ladies whose dream is to return to the national finals at Lincoln Center this year. Help us turn our dreams into a reality?" Chloe now pleading with Beca to get her to audition.

"Sorry but I don't even sing" she stated simply, "It was nice meeting you guys."

As she walked away from the booth, a smile grew on Chloe's face and Aubrey definitely noticed. She slapped the redhead earning a glare from her fellow co-captain.

"What the hell was that for?" Chloe screamed at Aubrey, earning some glares from some other people exploring the activities fair.

"Calm down, Chlo," Aubrey said trying to calm the now fuming redhead. "Anyway what was that goofy smile for?" She asked smirking at her friend.

"I think I'm in love, Bree."

"Of course you're in love with the little hobbit," she mumbled with a sigh.

---------------------------------------

The rest of the afternoon went by pretty slow for the girls, every once and a while someone would stop by the booth but it was definitely slow moving. They were just about to pack up the booth when a tall brunette approached.

"Am I too late to sign up?" The girl was out of breath and struggling to form coherent sentences.

"No there's still time," Aubrey said her attitude suddenly changing, "What's your name so I write it on the sign-up sheet?"

"Stacie. Stacie Conrad." The girl stated.

"Okay Stacie, I'll see you at auditions," the blond said handing Stacie a flyer and sending her on her way. The smile on Aubrey's face now growing in size.

Chloe came up from behind her and nudged her with the biggest smile on her face. "What was that all about?" Chloe asked her trying to stifle a laugh.

"Oh shut up, Chlo," Aubrey said with a chuckle lightly pushing her friend.

"Look who's in love now," Chloe said now laughing hysterically, which earned her a middle finger from Aubrey.

---------------------------------------

That night Aubrey sat down and wrote her first letter to Stacie Conrad. The letter read:

Dear Stacie,

It's crazy to think that I might be falling in love with someone I just met. Who knows this might just be a stupid crush that leads to nothing, or we could we end up being soulmates. Only time will tell right. It's just something about you feels different. Almost like an instant spark, and everything seems so clear to me all of a sudden. Stacie Conrad, I want you to know that I love you and hope I that someday you'll be able to say the same.

XOXO,
Aubrey

Aubrey folded up the letter and put it into an envelope before putting it in her desk drawer. As she climbed into bed that night she thought of the one reason why she was now excited about the school year ahead and that reason was Stacie Conrad.