but here's the thing, luli taught him that.

she elbowed him in the nose right as he got behind her before he could do anything. grabbing the front of his shirt, she threw him to the ground and aimed at his chest.

minghao grunted in pain and effort, scrambling on his ass away from luli. the intense moment was interrupted as jun started sarcastically slow clapping while walking around them.

"bad form minghao. and luli, i'm surprised. after all these years and you've still got it. maybe dad was wrong about you." jun banged on a door behind him for no reason. "of course, he was right about one thing; you care about others too much."

with that a garage-like door came up behind him, revealing the REs + vivi and the remaining lost group members. the sight made luli's breath catch, and she froze in shock.

yangyang was on the floor bleeding out from his shoulder, pale and sweaty. the others didn't seem that hurt, aside from the severe cuts and bruises on ningning and vivi's faces. and then winwin, who was all beat up and being held in a headlock with a gun to his head.

luli had practically set herself up by freezing. she couldn't help it obviously, bless her poor heart.

minghao kicked the gun out of her hands, and with the other leg he knocked her down, grabbing hold of her hair and pulling out a knife. the cold blade pressed against her throat, drawing a thin line of blood.

"stay down bitch." he hissed, then looked up, "shuhua, if you would start please."

the mentioned stepped out from the little spot she was standing, twirling a gun in her good hand. she walked around the victims while making clicking noises with her tongue, adding to the suspense.

"which one first?" she asked to no one in particular. she crouched down in front of yiren, who was crying out of fear, "this is for my arm. say bye bye to your boy toy you whore."

it all happened so fast. shuhua turned swiftly and fired on yangyang, hitting him squarely in the chest.

liu yangyang: dead

shuhua turned back around, throwing yiren from
her seat to where yangyang's dying body lay.

"yangyang, i'm so s-sorry." she sobbed and held his face in her hands. shuhua made a face and noise of disgust while raising her gun again.

wang yiren: dead

somebody screamed. they all sat there in shock at the sight of their two friends dead on the floor. luli felt tears running down her face as she saw her two friends on the floor, bleeding out to death.

i should have never come back. she thought to herself as shuhua continued to circle around them.

"hm, i'm kind of tired. yuqi, you wanna take over?"

yuqi nodded all too enthusiastically, pulling out a knife. seeing everyone crying and scared, she smiled like a mfing psychopath, taking the same route shuhua had through the REs chairs.

"it's a shame yukhei," she said while standing behind him, taking hold of his hair and harshly pulling his head back, "i did like you."

"i hope you rot in hell you bitch." lucas spat as he struggled against the ropes holding him down.

yuqi laughed at his final words. her knife sliced cleanly against his throat, and for added flair she pushed his limp body down to the floor.

wong yukhei: dead

"STOP." luli yelled and squirmed against minghao, despite running the risk of getting her throat cut, "it's me you want. let them go."

jun and minghao exchanged a few looks, and then luli felt the grip on her hair loosen slightly, and being yanked up by it.

"guanlin, put that boy down and let them go."

"but boss-"

"that was an order....but you can take out one or two more if you want, i guess." jun shrugged and went to go finish his smoothie.

guanlin grumbled, throwing winwin down to the floor, then pulling out his own gun.

wait what-

"get that gun away from my face or so help me-"

wong kunhang: dead

luli tried to lunge towards the shooter, held back by minghao. guanlin chuckled evilly and fired again.

wong gaahei (bambi): dead

not being able to take it anymore, especially after seeing kun's heartbroken reaction, luli stepped on minghao's foot with her heel. hard.

wincing in pain, his grip loosened, allowing her the perfect opportunity. lunging forwards once more, she attempted to grab hold of guanlin's gun.

they struggled with it, and she could see him reaching his finger for the trigger and attempting to aim at her head. in a last second move, luli pushed the gun out of the way right as he fired.

yeh shuhua (puppy): dead

"holy shit." luli and guanlin both murmured at the same time. they'd been aiming for each other, not the others.

at least i could avenge yiren and yangyang.

taking the opportunity, luli grabbed the gun and boldly made her first kills in three years.

song yuqi (jade): dead

lai guanlin (rain): dead

after disarming (?) the final members of lost group, she rushed forward and began to free her friends, not even thinking about jun and minghao.

not like she had to worry about them, because when she finally picked up winwin, who had been taking cover on the floor, and hugged him fiercely, he gasped and turned her around.

"luli, they're gone."

-

this book is almost done fr omfg