CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONEPILOT

CHAPTER ONE
PILOT

Ezrah Lumière had never been so grateful for coffee in her entire life.

The girl hadn't slept - at all. Hurricane Agatha should have probably been her reasoning, but in reality she'd been in a hotel with Tommy Maybank from literal dusk 'till dawn. That was their little ritual, they'd been doing it since she got out of rehab. Ezrah would go and chill at Cyrus' place for an hour or so, just in case her older sister Quinn called to ask them if she'd been there, and then she'd sneak out to the Kooke side of the island and meet Tommy at his signature four-star hotel 'The Bronze Cove Hotel'. She'd often leave in different clothes than what she'd left in, and with bruises all over her body ( - whether it was from intense make-out sessions or fights that had gone south she couldn't tell you, because most of the time it was both. )

Before climbing through her and Asher's bedroom window, she looked in the camera of her phone for any signs of red eyes or bruises. Before rehab, she'd come home shamelessly blazed as shit with her hair hanging out in all different directions and with hickies and punch marks all over her, but now she had to be sneaky. If Quinn knew she was back to her old ways ( - or well, at least as bad as they used to be ) she'd be back in Chicago's cheapest rehab faster than she could even say sorry. Ezrah stumbled through her window awkwardly, Tommy's oversized white hoodie almost falling off of her as she dropped on the gray carpet. Coughing at the dust that began to fill her nose, she looked around to see if anyone was looking and she couldn't say she was surprised when she saw Quinn standing there with her arms folded over her chest, already waiting for her.

Quinn raised her eyebrow, looking down at the girl. "What are you on, Ezrah?"

"Why hello, mom." Ezrah slurred dramatically, standing up and saluting like an army member. "And for the record, I am completely sober. I am the sober-er of the soberest."

If she actually were sober, she probably wouldn't have noticed the way Quinn's eyes twitched shut when Ezrah jokingly called her mom. She knew it pissed Quinn off, hence why she always called her it.

Asher was the next to walk into their shared room, running his hand through his straight white hair as he yawned loudly. "Oh shit, Ez is back." he muttered, rubbing his eyes. "You weren't out out last night, were you? The hurricane was pretty major last night. Scooter even kicked the bucket thanks to it."