Chapter 4: Valeria

First I decide to check Instagram and post a short story to acknowledge the great day ahead. But as it opens I get the notification of an incoming DM. It's from Mark. What could he want now? I want nothing to do with him, but a part of me is always curiously seeking the answer to what he is up to. The phrase, keep your friends close but your enemies closer, well it was created with the intention of Mark Cox. Wanting to and not wanting to I open with the sheer hope of staying a step ahead if that is even possible; not that it is. "Dear daughter, enjoy your day. Meet me tonight for dinner. I have a bit of fun news to share with you. Just cannot wait to see you again darling. A car will be ready for you at eight pm sharp. Any later and it puts this surprise in jeopardy. But you can't simply abandon the traditions. The annual theme to set your 18th night off right is the classic black tie." I have no idea what scares me more. The fact that he is just now reaching out or the vague yet specific message. This man is constantly scheming. Am I ever going to get a reprieve from him? Well now I am just going to scrap my lonely plans for the day if I am anything less than perfect then he could see my flaws and then be able to comment on my unexceptional performance. Which is unacceptable to him and to me. Though sometimes I wonder If there will ever be a day when I can do something as simple as live in sweats. Alas that lifestyle will never be in the cards for me. However, he did give me a unique opportunity to go shopping in some expensive stores for his surprise. Which also gives me the chance for some quality footage. A shower and completing my presentation later I am ready to go explore all the fashion world has to offer.