026 | spring break

Start from the beginning

"Ask her the question," Ashlyn said as her and EJ stood outside of the room, smiling at them.

"Is that Ash?" Gina asked and Andy moved the camera so the three were all in shot, "Hi Ash,"

"Fine, Ashlyn wants to paint EJs nails for a spring break project. He needs a second opinion, I've already told him it will be hot, what do your think?" Andy asked, smiling at her friends.

"All the yes, go for it," Gina said, looking at them with huge smiles on her face.

I told you," Ashlyn said, smiling at them "I am an artistic genius,"

"Well you guys enjoy your makeovers, I'm gonna try to get to Lousiana, wish my luck," Gina said, crossing her fingers.

"You're Gina Porter, you don't need luck," Andy said before they said their goodbyes and hung up.

She went and text Ricky, checking up on him but once again realising there was still no response, Andy feeling deflated.

"Now, it's makeover time," Andy said, running over and going to see EJ and Ashlyn.

"Always said you look better in my letterman than I do but damn Ands, you look good in the Duke sweatshirt too," EJ complimented.

Andy blushed, smacking him over the head as she walked into the lounge with the cousins.

"Lets paint your nails," she said, a huge smile on her face as he wrapped his arms around her.

"And I have the perfect colours," he pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

☆☆☆

THE THREE SAT ON SCREEN TOGETHER, looking at the group meeting of everyone - except Ricky and Gina.

"I've called you all here for a very serious reason," Miss Jenn said, "North High has dropped a video on their Instagram,"

Nini shared her screen and they watched the video of Lily narrating that East High were useless, featuring clips of the school and them on spring break.

"Did you just watch what I watched! That was insane," Carlos exclaimed, looking horrified.

"We just need a plan. We need to play by their rules but with a twist - something subtle but public," Miss Jenn explained.

"We're on it Miss Jenn," Nini said before they all hung up.

A little while later, Andy and Ashlyn were sitting on the couch when they got a call from Nini.

Behind them, EJ was rummaging through a box of all their childhood toys and disrupting their meeting.

"We are in the middle of crisis EJ and Ash is trying to work, stop it," Andy said sternly, throwing a cushion at him.

"No you stop it," he said, throwing it right back. Nini chuckled at them.

"EJ found some old stuff we used to play with in the attic, even old photo books which had an alarming amount of pictures of Andy in them," Ashlyn said, chuckling to herself.

"Yeah, now he's turned into a six year old boy," Andy said, looking back at him as he placed a Frisbee on his head.

"I am so obsessed with all of you," Nini said with a smile as she watched the three bickering.

"Hi Nini," EJ said in a high pitched voice as he got out a doll that Ashlyn used to play with.

"So, how are we dealing with North High? Cause I'm spinning over here," Ashlyn asked, trying to ignore EJ.

Nini suggested doing a song, asking if Ashlyn could help her with the lyrics, "But only if you have the time," she said, not wanting to take up their day.

EJ put his hand in frame, a sock puppet on it as he mimicked it kissing Andy on the cheek.

"Yeah, I think I have the time," Ashlyn said before turning to Andy, "Can you babysit your boyfriend for a bit?"

"Gladly, great to see you Nini," she said before turning to EJ, "Now stop that,"

He chuckled, standing behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist, "You stop it," he said, pressing a kiss to her neck.

"We're on camera," she said, pushing him away as they heard Ashlyn and Nini laugh about how childish and clingy EJ was.

Eventually, after a lot of work, they worked out a dance and filmed the video, the group dancing and singing to the words they wrote.

1126 words