I Feel Like I Know You

PART THREE (LAST PART)

Your POV

"To be honest, I have no idea. I remember Lori rushing to try to find Carl but at the same time trying to get us out of there. I guess I got separated from you guys. I found a knife that fell out of one of the bags Lori packed and I took that and fought my way out of there."

"But you were only 10."

"I was probably the toughest 10 year old that night." I say with a laugh.

"So why did you come to Washington."

"Well I heard Shane say something about how he thought Washington would be safe. I figured everyone else would come here too." I was partly right, but I don't think they came here because Shane suggested it.

"Wow. I still can't believe you're alive. You're my little sister, do you know how hard it was on me thinking you were dead?"

"No but speaking if sisters, where Beth?" Maggie stayed silent. A look of pure sadness on her face. "She's alive right?! She has to be alive! You guys just got separated! Right?!" Maggie just shakes her head no and looks down and starts crying.

I break down right then and there. Not Beth. The world took away the sweetest, most beautiful girl I knew. How could god be so cruel? I fall on the ground and ball my eyes out. I usually don't cry, but this was too much. My sister is dead.

"W-what about dad?" I stutter and it's barely audible. I feel like I already know the answer but I hope that I'm wrong. She shakes her head again and I'm not wrong. He's dead too.

"WHY DIDNT YOU SAVE THEM?! YOU COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING!" I start screaming. My sadness turned to anger. Maggie is taken off guard by my screaming and I soon draw eyes on us. I made her feel worse about what happened. She runs away back towards her house and I soon hear a door slam. I'm still laying in the street crying.

20 minutes later I'm still crying in the street. I feel a hand touch my shoulder.

"Hey, why didn't you tell me that you were you?"

"I'm not in the mood right now, Carl." I say quite bitterly.

"No (y/n), I need answers. Now."

"Listen, asshole, I just found out that my da and my sister died after years of believing that there's hope, an then when there's the slightest chance that they could be alive when your group walks through those gates, that hope is ripped away from me when Maggie tells me that they're dead. So I'm sorry that I don't feel like answering stupid irrelevant questions from a boy who used to tease and bully me for the short time we knew each other." I stand up and storm off.

I find a tall tree and start to climb. I get about three quarters up the tree and stop and sit on a branch. I can see everything up here. I use this time alone to silently cry. I no longer feel angry. I just feel depressed. I lost my dad, Beth, and I probably just pushed Maggie away.

"Hey." He scared me so much, I almost fall off the branch.

"Carl leave me alone."

"I'm sorry. I can't do that. You can't be alone, you need someone to talk to. I get that you're in a terrible state right now, but you need to talk about it. Just talk to me. Tell me what you're feeling. I'm not the same guy I was five years ago. With all honesty I only did all that stuff to you to get your attention because I liked you." He laughed, but then quickly got serious again giving me an assuring look.

"I just- I don't exactly know how to explain it. I get that we lose people everyday, but this time it's different. I lost two people in one day. I know it wasn't one day for you, but it was for me. At least you have your dad. I dot have my mom or dad. All I have is my sister."

"That's wrong you have me." I look at him wide eyed but he blushes and fidgets.

"I mean as in me and the rest of my group." He stutters.

"Oh." I say disappointed. I wanted him to say that he liked me. I like him. I mean sure he was a bully, but he did have a lot of moments at the farm were we would be alone and he would get all cute.

"No that's not what I meant. You really do have me. I just- uh." He looks in my eye and quickly glances at my lips and back at my eyes.

"God I want you." He say full of lust and then crashes hi lips on mine. I'm shocked but kiss back immediately. The kiss lasts only a few seconds, but I swear it was the best couple of seconds of my life.

"I lost my mom. I know how you feel. I went through that. I actually had to shoot her myself, she would've turned if I didn't."

"Ugh that sucks. I'm sorry. I had to do it to my best friend, but I'm sure that it's not as bad as what you had to do."

"(Y/n) you're probably the only person who actually understands me. I would love to be able to call you my girlfriend and you say that I'm your boyfriend. Would you please do me the honor?"

"Wow, proper much?" I say laughing.

"I tried." He smirked.

"Sure. I'd love to." I say the last part in a British accent trying to carry on with his attempt to be proper. It causes him to laugh.

"I'm in love with an idiot." He says between laughs.

Carl numbs the pain of loosing my family. He's the only one who can do that. I made the right choice saying yes when he asked me to be his girlfriend. I'm the only one who understands him and he's the only one who understands me.