Come Over

"What?!"

Mrs. Willer ignores your yell of surprise, keeping her nose up as she surveys the visible part of the living room, as though already evaluating the cleanliness of the place.

"Why?? I paid my rent yesterday!" You try to calm yourself and lower your voice, hoping to figure out what the hell is going on.

"It's just life darling. I've got my son's family of three downstairs right now, and they need a place to stay." Her uppity attitude made you clench your jaw to keep from yelling again as you began talking.

"Let me get this straight." Although you're slightly shorter than Mrs. Miller, you do your best to meet her eyes with your violet glare. "You want me. To pack up and scram. Within an hour, along with my guest. In the middle of a villains hurricane??!"

Mrs. Willer put her vividly orange-nailed hands on her hips, looking down her nose at you with an almost bored expression. "It's not nearly as bad as yesterday, I'm sure you can manage, don't act like you're gonna die." She throws a look of mild amusement over to Bakugou, who looks infuriated enough for the both of you. "I'm sure your boyfriend will let you stay with him."

That did not help.

"My boyf-!?" You go red before closing your eyes and pinching the bridge of your nose in exasperation. "That's not the point. I can't possibly just pack up and magically get to shelter without being blown away, let alone with all my stuff!??"

"Oh come on darling, stop being so dramatic, you hardly own anything in the first place." She brushes you aside to get to the front door before turning around, one hand clutching at the handle. "I also expect you to pay the fee of $125 for me to clean for the new tenants."

It was as though you heard Bakugou's patience snap.

Before you can say anything yourself, a hand slammed onto the front door right next to Mrs. Willer's head.

"Bullshit."

Since you were slightly behind him, Bakugou's face was only partially visible, but that was all you needed to tell he was livid.

"Where the fuck do you get off, pushing her out of this tiny ass apartment and then asking for a cleaning fee!?" Mrs. Willer's mouth was wide open with shock as Bakugou continued. "She'd be better off living with me than in this shitty dump anyway." He takes a step back and lets his hand fall to his side as he turns back to you.

"Pack your things, you don't need to deal with this shit." He turns back to scowl at Mrs. Willer, who seems to have been shocked into silence. "We're not paying your fucking cleaning fee, so get your wrinkly ass out."

She jumped as Bakugou turned back around angrily to stomp down the hallway, flipping her off over his shoulder. "You- you brat!" Mrs. Willer looks at you in astonished fury while fumbling with the door handle. "How could you date a horrid boy like that!" She opened the door before glancing at where Bakugou had disappeared around the corner into the kitchen before continuing to talk to you. "Hanging out with people like that, your parents must not care enough to teach you right. I always wondered why you don't live with them and now I know!"

"THE HELL'D YOU SAY!!?" Bakugou's yell was infuriated but he barely made it back around the corner before Mrs. Willer squeaked in fear and slammed the door shut, leaving you and Bakugou alone in silence.

He moves as though to follow her outside, but you stand in front of him and put a hand against his bare chest, feeling his defined collar bone under your fingers as you look away bitterly towards the floor. "Don't. She's not worth it."

Bakugou looks down at you with a frown, before stepping back and sighing. "You're right."

You take a deep breath and look back up at him while determinedly not showing any dejection, removing your hand from his warm chest. "Alright, don't worry about me. Do you think you can get home all right?"