vi. the royal merchant

Start from the beginning

"No! It's that you need to relax, man. You're always so tense!"

"I'm not too tense."

While the two boys were arguing, Kiara had gotten out of the Twinkie and walked around to John B's window. "Liv, c'mon," she beckoned of the girl in the front seat.

The Warren girl nodded, opening the door and joining Kiara. The plan was for the girls to distract the security guard while the boys went and found the drone. Olivia and Kiara might've been offended by the fact that they were just the distraction if it weren't for the four-hundred million dollars at stake.

"Hey, don't worry," John B reassured the girls. "You guys have got this."

Kiara gave him a tight smile, pointing to the boys in the back of the van. "It's not us that I'm worried about."

"Don't let them do anything stupid," Olivia tacked on, flashing a mischievous in John B's direction.

"Got it," the boy nodded, his cheeks rosy at the encounter. Neither John B or Olivia had even had a chance to think about the kiss they shared, but the tension was enough to cut through them like a knife.

The two girls moved into position to distract the guard, while John B, Nick, Pope, and JJ killed the lights to the Twinkie and hid off to the side behind an old, rusted boat stashed in the lot.

"So how's its going with Olivia?" JJ questioned John B, trying to make conversation as the four boys watched the guard on duty follow Olivia and Kiara to the people carrier.

John B shrugged, "I don't think it's weird or anything."

"Honestly, I didn't think you were actually gonna listen to me..." JJ replied, amused by John B's answer. "But hey, I was one-hundred percent sure she was into you. I'm sure the others would agree."

John B glanced between Nick and Pope, who was crouched at the end of the line. The Heyward boy refused to look at any of them.

"Ehh..."

"Can we not talk about this right now? Seriously, I'm gonna barf," Nick groaned, feigning sickness.

JJ turned to look at him, a small smirk playing on his lips. "Okay, fine, let's talk about you and Kie, then," he whistled, teasing. "Any updates? Any more Pogue-on-Pogue macking?"

"It's not like that between me and Kie," Nick rolled his eyes. "How many times do I have to tell you that?"

JJ smirked, leaning in closer to the boy. "Aw, come on, Nicky. Don't tell me you're scared of a little crush."

Nick rolled his eyes again and opened his mouth to speak, but Pope was too quick. "How do you even know she has a crush on Nick?" he questioned the blond, and Nick noticed a hint of annoyance in his voice. "For all you know, she could be into someone else."

"What, someone like you?" JJ scoffed in a half-whisper, but luckily, before Pope could respond, Olivia and Kiara had managed to get the guard to go and unlock the gate.

The boys watched from a distance as the two girls led the guard away from his post, taking this as their cue to move. The four of them took off in a sprint to get into the yard before the gate closed behind them. JJ led the way, with John B, Nick, and Pope all following closely behind. By the time they got inside, Nick was out of breath. He couldn't remember the last time he ran this fast without being chased.