𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝙷𝚎 𝙻𝚎𝚏𝚝

Start from the beginning

On that particular day, she was really sloppy with her work because she has so much in her mind. She wasn't focusing on not seeing other people, which is a crucial part of espionage. So the woman was caught off guard when a tall man with dark blonde hair and short stubbles on his face stood in front of her.

From then on, One kept an eye on Eight. He finds her extremely intriguing. With all the techs and billions he has, he's got no trouble at keeping tabs on the woman. With a brain like Einstein, finding out sacred information about her was not hard either.

So once he discovered that she was a highly trained assassin who's extremely stealthy with espionage, who could also talk in many different languages, he swore to himself that he would make her his. Which, after some time, he successfully did.

Days turned into months, and months turned into years. Their relationship kept flourishing. Of course, there were ups and downs, but that makes their relationship even stronger.

Blissful is the right word to describe their relationship. Then on 1 cursed night, One decided to flee from the relationship. Wanting to do something that he couldn't have the heart to make Eight do with him.

Even after promising to 1 another that they will always be by each other's side. He didn't have the heart to do that to her.

So, in the middle of the night, One got up from their bed and left her. But, being the trained assassin that she was, a slight sound of movement made her brain on alert again. She saw her lover on his feet, holding a handgun in his hand and a backpack on his shoulder.

Her heart fell at the sight in front of her. She asked him what was going on. He explained to her how he would go and hand her a note where he instructed her to read it once the sun has risen.

Feeling utterly confused about why her lover was trying to leave, she started to get up to her feet. The man saw her trying to walk closer to him, so he quickly walked towards their bedroom door.

He heard her footsteps walking faster, getting closer to him. Then he turned around, making a last-minute decision, trying to stall the woman he loved by shooting her with his handgun straight on her thigh where he knew he wouldn't fracture any bones or did any permanent damage to her leg.

The woman lets out a pained cry and fell with a heap down on the floor. She clearly didn't see any of that coming with all of the emotions she was feeling. Instead, tears started pouring out of her jade green eyes, pained because the man she loved was leaving her and had also shot her on her leg.

One's heart broke into a million pieces at the heart-wrenching sight before him. Then, not being able to look at the woman he loved in pain any longer, he steps out of their bedroom and out of her life.

Thinking back about that night has always made Eight teared up. Snapping herself out of her painful thought, she wiped the tears that have fallen from her eyes. She looked towards Three's car and waited for One to come back.

After waiting for some time, One finally came back with a look of irritation on his face. He opened the door of the driver's seat and saw that it had been occupied. He sighed and gave Eight a deadpanned look, "Didn't we agreed that I'm the one who's gonna drive?"

"Not with that anger issues, you don't. So hop in, loser, we're going back to your bat lair." Eight said to One, who gave her an amused chuckle, his anger towards Three long gone at the sight of the woman in front of him trying to cheer him up.