forgotten [shinaya]

// a/n: something I originally uploaded in my one shots, but eh. Inspired by a fanart. :3 enjoy, guyssss~

"Hey... Shintaro...?"

A playful smile painted on her face, as it always had been. Her lips twisted upward, the soft, chocolate-coloured strands of her hair caught in a warm summer breeze along with the crimson scarf around her neck.

"You haven't forgotten about me, right..?" Her smile was as warm as the golden sunlight that poured through the half-open window, illuminating the darkened room and softening her features.

He stood there, absorbing all of the colours, sucking them in like a swirling storm, his grey eyes widening in panic as he took in her words.

"O-Of course I haven't! I-"

"Liar." A tear slides down her cheek, her usual smile turned over. The colours faded into grey, white, black, the lifeless colours that were always present. Her figure began to fade into them, like ink in the sunlight, losing its life and brightness.

"Wait!!" He yells, desperately trying to reach for her fading figure in the distance.

"Don't leave!!" With that, her figure vanishes completely, leaving him alone in a darkened room filled with ticking clockwork and machinery.

He wakes up gasping, his forehead coated in a faint sheen of glistening sweat.

It was always the same.

Pushing the covers off, his bare feet make contact with the hardwood flooring, padding softly over to his desk.

A recurring dream, a suppressed memory that he tried to delete with no avail.

He collapsed into his chair, his head in his hands as he squeezes his grey eyes shut tightly.

Yet it always returned, more vividly coloured and detailed than the previous.

The darkened computer screen watches him silently as he attempted once more to delete all data, clear his mind from the lingering memories of the past that haunted him constantly.

He could never stop her, reach her in time.

A faint sob echoed from his slightly parted lips, hands entangled in his dark hair.

"I-I'm so sorry, Ayano..."

// a/n: REQUEST. NOW. PLEASE. @_@ I NEED THEEEM.

dedicated to @Isabella_Agate because Shinaya is her OTP ^~^