Chapter 3

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I turned my alarm off. Today I had to go to the lake with Bryce. I got up and put a light blue bathing suit on. I put a flowy white dress over it and grabbed the picnic basket. I put watermelon, sandwich's, and some chips to eat and a couple waters. I brushed my hair and put it in a low pony and got on my white converse. By now it was already 6:45 am. So I went outside and saw Bryce was already outside.

"Hey Bryce!" I said waving to him.

"Hey y/n!" He said with that smile. That wonderful smile.

"Ready?" I asked. He nodded.

We started walking and talking.

"So,what's in the basket?" He asked.

"Well watermelon, chips, and some sandwiches. Oh and waters." I said.

"Wow you really come prepared." He said.

I nodded. "Well that's what my mom always taught me. If your unprepared most likely the day won't go your way." I said. He nodded.

We finally reached the lake and I took my dress off. I could feel his eyes on me but I ignored it. I sat down the basket and layed down a thick sheet. I put the basket there with my shoes and dress. His shirt was on there too. I saw a cliff I could jump off of into the water so I climbed the rocks and jumped. As I came up I gasped for air.

"That is so cold!" I said.

He laughed. "Well maybe you shouldn't jump so far." I laughed.

"Ok dummy." I said. I wasn't trying to flirt with him but then I realised it came off that way. He probably didn't notice right?
Anyways he jumped in and I swam away.

"Don't you dare." I said.

"Don't I dare what?!" He asked.

"If your going to try to pull me under this won't end well..." I said. He went underwater anyways.

He tried grabbing my waist and pulling me down but I simply wrapped my arms around his neck and we both went underwater. I wrapped my legs around his waist and we came up for air.

He looked at me. And I looked at him.

"Oh, sorry.." I said unwrapping my arms and legs off of him.

"It's fine, I don't mind." He said.

"Oh...Anyways are you hungry too?" I asked. He nodded. We got out and ate. I liked hanging out with him, he's cool.

We just talked about things when he brought
Up Julie again.

"So remind me why your friends with Julie.."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't get why you hate her so much, she's such a cool person. Like her dad paints and I've seen the things he paints. There beautiful, and she's beautiful...she could get any man she wanted." I said with a smile on my face.

"But she's weird. Like she sniffed me once. And one time-" I cut him off.

"One time this, one time that, listen you don't have to like everybody...but being nice helps it, and it dosent make you seem like a huge jerk to most people." I said.

"See that's what I love about you, your so nice...for no reason. Like when Garret said she was annoying you just went up there with her."I smiled.

"See now your getting it...oh crap it's already 12:57, I have to get home I'm so sorry." I said.

"Oh it's not a big deal, I should too." He said helping me pack my stuff up.

***
I just got out of the shower and I put a red shirt on with black leggings when I heard a knock on my door.

"COMING!" I yelled from the kitchen and taking a bit out of my slice of watermelon.
I opened the door and saw Julie.

"Hey Julie!" I said.

"Hey y/n.." she said.

"What's wrong?"

"Can I come in?"

I nodded moving out the way.

"Bryce has been throwing away my eggs every time I gave them to him. And when I saw them in the bag he said his parents didn't want to risk getting salmonella because of my yard." She said as she sat on the bar stool in my kitchen.

"What?! He wouldn't do that.." I said.

"But he did..." she said. I saw a tear fall down her cheek.

"And they cut down the sycamore tree. I'm in the newspaper for it." She added.

"Oh my god I'm so's sorry." I said hugging her and allowing her to cry into my shoulder.
"I have some watermelon, want some? It makes me feel better.." I said. She nodded and I handed her a plate with a big slice of watermelon. She started to eat and said.

"This is making me feel better..." I giggled.

"Yeah...well I want to get your mind off this so let's watch some movies." I said. She nodded and we went and watched some movies. After we watched the first movie I heard a knock at the door.

"I'll be back." I said getting up and going towards the door.

I opened the door and saw Bryce.

"Y/n I messed up, I was throwing away julies eggs because I told my family something about salmonella in her eggs and she caught me. While I want to say sorry all I've ever wanted was for her to leave me alone." He said.

"Who's at the-" Julie said tuning the corner.

"Yeah Bryce, I already know...now can you leave...I'll talk about it later with you. But right now isn't the time." I said he walked away and I closed the door.

"I should probably go home now...it's already 3:00 pm anyways." She said leaving. I sighed, what a way to ruin the girl moment Bryce. I layed down on the couch and accidentally fell asleep.