ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Start from the beginning

I giggle softly. "Oriana, huh? Your mother's name."

"Yes," he breathes. 

"But what if we have a boy?" I tease and start laughing when his face immediately turns bright red. "Aw, your face is so adorable right now."

"To be honest, I would rather not have a boy," Zeldris admits as he ruffles his black hair with his other hand.

"Oh, and why's that?" I ask curiously.

"I grew up around males and already have two older brothers, so a girl would be a nice change."

"Hey, you grew up with me as well," I say and lightly nudge his shoulder with my own. "Are you saying I am a boy as well?"

"No," Zeldris says, voice louder. "You are not a boy! That is not what I meant."

"I am only teasing—" 

"You are the most beautiful Demon to ever be born," Zeldris says adamantly. "The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew you were the one. There were so many others who wanted you but you never saw it, or maybe you tried to ignore the hungry looks that were directed at your way. Either way, I knew that I couldn't let you go."

My lip twitches. "You little—"

"Besides, if we did have a daughter, I'm quite sure she would be the exact copy of you," Zeldris murmurs and then tugs me to him so that our noses lightly bump into one another. "Brave, intelligent, stubborn, insane—"

"I would rather have a daughter who had her father's looks," I say quietly. "Not only looks, but his personality as well. I would like her to be selfless, caring, playful, everything her wonderful father is."

Zeldris's breath hitches. "Sounds like you want more than one child."

I feel like I am about to explode as I smile at him. "Maybe I do."

The two of us flinch and Zeldris's hands immediately wrap around my waist protectively when we hear soft, rushed footsteps in the other hallway.

"Is that one of the maids?" I whisper.

"No," Zeldris replies. "This is a Human."

"A Human?" I repeat.

"Stay here," he orders as he heads to the other hallway, but when do I ever listen to anyone?

As Zeldris turns around the corner, he shoots me one final glare before calling out to the Human, "Who are you? How did you break in? There's no sign that you're affected by my Commandment. Are you a thief hoping to grab some treasure?"

"Who is it?" I whisper, but Zeldris ignores my question and walks ahead, disappearing from my sight.

"I...need the Holy Sword," a familiar voice responds.

"Sir Zeldris asked you a question so answer him," I hear Grandpa speak. "Who are you and why are you here?"

"I—I'm the King, Arthur Pendragon, the King of Camelot."

"Arthur," I breathe. Oh that sweet little boy is here right now? The timing couldn't be any worse.

"Oh I see, so it's you," Zeldris speaks. "The one Merlin was so worried about."

"Wait, Merlin?" Arthur blurts out.

"Care to explain what you're doing sneaking around in this castle?" Zeldris asks firmly. "Wait, are you here for that odd-looking sword?"

"Make a run for it, Arthur!" a new voice cries out at the same time a lot of noise echoes in the hallway.

"Cath!" the young King exclaims.