Chapter 3

It was July 4th. Mitch was currently getting ready. He put on his blue dress shirt and dark wash jeans with a pair of boots. He fixed his hair for the forth time in the mirror. Kirstie looked up from his bed and rolled her eyes.

"That is the fourth time this hour that you have fixed your hair." Kirstie said smirking at him. Mitch rolled his eyes and finally settled with his hair as it was.

"I'm just trying to look good for the boys." Mitch said as he pulled Kirstie up and off of his bed. She was dressed in a strapless American flag tube top with a black skirt and heels. She had her dark black hair curled and she was wearing red lipstick. In Mitch's words, she was slaying the scene.

"So do I finally get to met this blonde haired boy from across the street? You've really taken a liking to him. Do you think he is gay?" Kirstie asked as they walked down the hallway towards the stairs. Mitch turned and looked at Kirstie sighing.

"I hope so."

Scott was currently pulling his American flag shirt over his head. His hair was still wet so he quickly threw a towel through it and grabbed a little bit of gel pulling it up and back. He checked himself in the mirror once more before he left. He walked downstairs where his mom and dad where waiting for him.

"Well don't you look handsome." Scott's mother said as he walked into the dining room. A blush spread across his face as he quietly thanked his mother. "Is this all for the boy across the street?"

Scott smirked up at his mom nodding his head. "Definitely."

The Hoying's where talking to the other families on the street as the kids changed to go swimming. Kirstie had gotten into her mint green bathing suit and Mitch was currently in his black swimming trunks. The little kids jumped in right away, but the teens sat on the side of the pool wading there feet in the water. There was only three of them. Mitch, Kirstie, and Scott.

"So Scott, Mitch told me you like to sing. Is that true?" Kirstie asked as the three of them kicked their feet back and forth a at the deep end of the pool. Scott smirked over at Mitch who had on a pair of sunglasses.

"Yeah, I signed up for choir so I'll be in it for my last year of high school." Scott said as Mitch looked out over the pool. Or so he thought.

Mitch loves sunglasses because no one knew what you were looking at. I could be looking at that tree or I could be looking at your dick. No one knew.

Mitch listened as Scott talking casually looking over the pool, but stealing a few quick glances Scott's way. Kirstie and Scott had hit it off great and Mitch couldn't have been happier. If Scott became friends with Kirstie then it wouldn't be awkward when Scott and Mitch where dating. Well that is if Scott was gay. Mitch just had to find out.

"Hey Scott..." Mitch said cutting him off. Scott looked up as Mitch took off his sunglasses. "How would you like to join Kirst and I and go to the football field. They are setting off fireworks at dusk. Bring your own blanket. You in?" Mitch asked. He noticed Kirstie smiling out of the corner of his eye, but he couldn't help staring at the smirk that came across Scott's face.

"I would love too."