Chapter Ten

Allison's P.O.V

I stirred and felt the belt buckle stab against my thigh, how could we still be driving? I yawned and arched my back off the seat cracking it, after sitting for what seemed to be hours, it felt amazing! I rubbed my eyes and looked over to Zayn who seemed perfectly comfortable in his seat.

"How long have we been driving?" I mumbled sleep still covering my voice.

"You mean how long have I been driving? A day in a couple minutes." He smirked and looked up at the clock, 11:57?!

"Zayn, are you crazy! Do you want me to drive for a while?" I say up wide awake now. I looked him over a little confused, he didnt look tired at all, he seemed perfectly fine.

"If you don't mind stopping for a quick second, I kind of need to get a quick walk." He glance over shrugging slightly.

"Of course, you can pull over whenever you want. You deserve a break." I smiled rolling my eyes crossing my arms on my lap. He pulled over next to a lake and got out locking the doors.

"Ill be back in a second love, I'm just going to walk to the start of those woods and back." I smiled and nodded slightly pulling out my phone again looking through some messages I must've gotten while I was asleep.

He closed the door and started walking off to the woods taking a quick glance around. He was always really cautious since the attack, I felt so bad for him. Yeah so what, I saw him beaten up, I was scared, but he was the one that went through it. He was the one beaten up, he was the one almost killed, I didnt get a hair on my head pulled. I would've switched with him that day, if I could. I watched as he disappeared into the woods clearing and I started looking at the lake where there was a group of ducks just waddling around.

Zayn's P.O.V

I glanced back to the car quickly before walking into the woods. Once I knew I was out of her sight I took a quick sniff of the air an instantly felt my jaw tighten and my teeth scraping my lip. I followed the smell quietly yet quickly, always keeping an ear focused back on the car. A small deer, probably looking for its mother was wandering around, stumbling over fallen trunks. I felt bad, really I did, but what was worse the deer, or Allison? I never gave those thoughts a second chance, it would never be Allison. The only thing biting her would be Mosquitos. I focused back on the deer and I could feel my facial features shifting by the second, my eyes getting darker until the darkness consumed them again. Without a second thought I pounced onto the deer quickly snapping its neck. No misery, I hope. I bit down slowly into its neck and instantly felt relief wash over me. I swallowed every last drop of blood from its body leaving it completely dried. I lied it up against a tree and threw a couple fallen leaves over it, not my best work but better than just leaving it out. I stood back up wiping the little blood off my chin and let myself relax again. Once I felt my eyes lighten up and my teeth slip back I made my way back out of the woods towards the car. I could see her perfectly, leaning her head against the window watching a group of ducks. I was happy, I was actually finally happy. I laughed to myself and walked back over to the car unlocking it and getting in.

"Sorry I got a little distracted." I smiled softly slipping the keys back in the ignition.

"It's fine, I did too." She laughed pulling her eyes away from the ducks and onto me.

I chuckles and leaned over, wrapping my arm softly around her waist pulling her over to me. I looked her over quickly before pressing my lips to hers. I always had to be careful with her, I couldn't get too carried away. Even if I just fed on an entire zoo, I could hurt her if I could too mixed in. She pulled away slightly and furrowed her eyebrows slightly.

She laughed shaking her head slightly. "This is going to sound weird, but why do your lips taste iron-y?" She blushed and looked down avoiding my eyes.

I caught my breath in my throat hitting a blank. "Oh I cut my lip earlier by accident, nothing big. I probably just had some blood on it or something." I kissed her cheek quickly and shook her hair up sitting back into my seat.

She smiled rolling her eyes quickly. "Danger magnet." She breathed out softly looking back out the window as I pulled back onto the street, continuing our long drive.

"You have no idea." I mumbled, gluing my eyes back onto the street.

I looked over to her again and bit my lip softly. "Do you believe in all those kinds of mythical creatures?" I felt my voice dying off as I reached the end of my sentence.

She chuckled and looked over to me, confusion all over her face. "You mean like ghosts and werewolves?" She smiled raising an eyebrow.

I nodded softly avoiding her eyes, feeling them burn into me more every second.

"Well a little. I always feel like I'm being watched you know? The day of my moms accident, I could've sworn I saw something, I'm not sure what but it got me out. I guess I've always believed a little in all that since." She shrugged slightly twiddling her thumbs on her lap.

"Do any of them scare you? You know any of the creatures?" I was worried to hear one word leave her mouth, but I wanted to know. I was curious.

"No not really, there's a good and bad to everything. Ghosts, werewolves, vampires even, even of they might be just legends theres always a good side. No matter how little." She lied her head back against her seat and I relaxed.

"What would you do if you were stuck with a vampire for example?" I shrugged making it seem as much of a genuine question as I could.

She laughed rolling her eyes. "First of find out if I was going to get killed, if I wasnt, well I guess I would give them a chance." She pulled her legs up to her chest hugging her legs.

"Just a time killer." I smiled and answered back quickly before she asked why I was curious about all that.

She smiled and reached over shaking her hand quickly through my hair. It took everything I had not to fix it right away. Maybe I could tell her? About everything, it would definitely make things a lot easier on us both. I wouldn't have to lie to her anymore and she could see reason behind some of the crazy looking things I might do around her lately.

If I get a reason to, I will. I hated feeling that soon I eventually would have to, whether I wanted to or not