𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐬 𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐝

Hi! Here's a Marcus Rashford one shot bc I absolutely adore him! I hope you enjoy! Be sure to comment and vote! Also if you have any request, leave it down below:)

 Y/n: your name 

Context: Y/n and Marcus were friends when they were young due to their mom's being very close. At age 14, y/n moved to London with her family. A few years later, Marcus has become a professional footballer and they meet again. 

1st person POV

"Are you sure we're taking the right turn Mum?" I asked my mother who was driving the car, my dad giving her directions.

"I think we'd know more about Manchester then you do. We lived here for twenty years!" My father exclaimed.

"Yeah Dad but I grew up here. You can't beat that." I shot back.

 "Good point. But it's been what 7 years? You're twenty one now. Are you sure you'd remember much about Manchester?" Mum added.

"You make it seem like I was a fetus when I was 14. Fourteen year olds aren't babies." I scoffed.

"Also, where are we going? The turn to Gran's house was back there." I questioned with confusion.

"Were you not listening when we left the house this morning?" My Mum quizzed knowingly.

 "Even if I was listening, how would I remember? It's been like four hours since we started driving. And I was half awake. I wouldn't remember shit if my life depended on it." I defended. 

 "No swearing." My dad scolded.

 "Sorry." I apologised sheepishly.

 "Now where are we going?" I inquired, "Like do I need worry about it or can I nap?"

"Let's just say we're seeing someone who you should look presentable in front of." My mum advised.

 "Is this presentable?" I checked for confirmation. 

 My dad turned from the passenger seat and took in my appearance. It consisted of high waisted boyfriend jeans that ended a little above my ankles, a cropped white spaghetti strap tank top, and some Nike trainers.

"That's acceptable, you might be a little cold due to the top though." My dad warned. 

 "She can use my shawl." My mum offered, tossing a silky item back towards me.

 I nodded and thanked her. It technically threw off the whole look, but I didn't care that much.

"So who's so important that I need to look presentable in front of?" I repeated my everlasting question.

"Remember my good friend, Mel?" Mum reminded. 

Melanie Rashford. The sweetest, most hardworking woman in all of Manchester. Her and Mum had became good friends after Mum and Dad moved to Manchester. She never had much with being a single mum, feeding five kids. However she always welcomed new neighbours with a dinner. Even if that meant she couldn't eat for the rest of the week.