0.2

Avery's POV

"I got a few new replies, but only two good ones came through. Calum and Michael, they seemed nice." I smiled to Zoe while straightening my hair. "Were they hot?" She asked, pulling the straighteners from my hands and taking them into her grasp, re-doing the back of my head for me. I smirked at her, "Yeah they were." 

"See!" She smacked my arm playfully. "I told you that this whole dating online thingy-ma-bob would work!" I could see the smug look on her face. "Well actually, we need to see how the first date goes. If this goes bad I'm deleting the app straightaway. It kinda gives me the creeps." Shuddering a little, I admired myself in the mirror hanging on the wall, pushing out any creases with my hands. "That dress is super cute on you, you have nothing to worry about." Zoe smiled before brushing a few stray hairs out of my face. "Go and have a great time!" Looking one last time in the mirror, I was shocked about how my black lace dress clung to my body and complimented me. "I'll call you if I need anything." I grinned to Zoe nervously before grabbing my bag and walking out of the door, locking it behind me.

-

Checking my phone for what felt like the 100th time, the clock read 19:24. 24 minutes late, and counting. I sighed, grabbing my bag and downing my drink. "Woah, Avery?" I heard someone speak behind me. "Mmhm?" Turning round, I saw the tall, blonde stranger that asked me out. "Oh! Luke, right?" I smiled gently and sat down back at my seat at the bar. He nodded, before cautiously sitting down next to me. "I am so sorry I'm late. I kept trying to do my hair but it kept falling down, then I wasn't sure if I should dress up or not. Then my taxi didn't come and I am so sorry." Luke rushed as he ran his long fingers through his very styled hair. "It's fine." I lied. I was slightly annoyed at the fact he was late to our date because of his hair. "To be honest, doing my hair was pretty pointless." He sighed in defeat, as a small piece of his hair fell down in front of his face. "Still looks good though." Blushing at my comment, he called over the bartenders and got us a drink. 

-

"Honestly, the whole internet dating phase creeped out at first." Luke shrugged, taking another sip from his beer. "I was practically forced onto it." We both laughed at my comment, probably only because we were both slightly tipsy. "Does yours glitch sometimes?" I asked, trying to be casual about it. "Ummm, I don't think so?" He raised his eyebrow at me, silently questioning what I meant. "Oh, sometimes mine does. Probably just my phone." Forcing a laugh, I checked my phone and saw the time was already 23:56. "Look at the time!" I giggled and showed my screen to Luke, making him cover his mouth with exaggeration. "But seriously, I better go home. My best friend is probably sitting up worried about me." Luke nodded at me, before pulling his phone out and calling us a taxi.

-

As we stepped out of the small, yellow taxi, Luke tripped over his own very long legs and held his finger out to the taxi driver, signalling to him to wait. "I had a really nice time tonight, Thank you." He smiled, before pecking me lightly on the cheek and passing me his phone. "I would really like it if I could have your number, maybe we could do this again?" The beeping of the dial tones filled the air as I typed in my number, not sure if I would regret the decision. "Thank you. I'll call you?" He half-questioned, half told me as he stumbled down my pathway. "Good night Avery, sleep well."

-

Zoe was already passed out on the sofa as I came into our cozy apartment, so I covered her with a blanket and switched the TV off. As I slipped into bed, I plugged my phone into the charger and checked my notifications, noticing I had a new 'tease' message. Probably Luke. 

  "I loved that dress you had on tonight, Avery. Black really suits you. You should wear that on our date." 

I felt my heart start to beat faster as I re-read the message from the unknown profile. This must be some sick joke.

"I cannot wait for our date Avery. I know it'll be special."

-

authors note:

so Avery went on the first date! i'm really enjoying writing this, so if you like it please vote comment share etc :)

ily all!

also, the video in the description is a short trailer i made for this fan fic so go check it out!!