Chapter 2

Summary: Irene is very pent up, luckily for her there is a stress reliever in her group.

Two years passed and they couldn't find anything on Doctor Jaeger's whereabouts.

Irene is back in her office when David knocks. She knows it's him because Jerome is busy with Jonah.

"Come in, it's open."

The boy walks in, ready to go somewhere, he leaves the door open and he fidgets on the threshold.

She notices it and she asks, "Is it time?"

"Yes, ma'am," he answers timidly while she starts tidying the desk.

"I suppose it's fair that I take a break. So, are Galatea and Miata here?" she asks with a small smile that manages to calm the kid.

"Yes, ma'am, they are outside 'enjoying the scenery'." He grins at the disgruntled face of his mentor.

"I swear, that woman is a fraud. I'm never playing cards with her and Miria again." While the boy chuckles, she smiles at him.

She seals the bag with her things and they both walk out of the castle, meeting the others in front of the stables when a brown haired boy runs out joining them. "I'm here, I'm here!"

Galatea chuckles and Irene notices a small amused smile on Miata's face. Irene finds her horse and she mounts him. "Come on, kids, we can't be late for your first day."

They all mount on their steeds and Jonah meets with them at the gate. "Have a good ride, stay safe everyone."

"We will, don't worry, I'll see you in a few days." Irene nods at him before she spurs her horse, followed closely by the kids and Galatea and Miata closing the back.

"So, are we there yet?"

"No."

"...

Are we there?"

"No, shut up, Galatea. 'Enjoy the scenery'."

"Oh, come on, Irene!"

"Shut up before I throw one of my blades at you."

"You are no fun. Teresa at least enjoys my jokes."

"And Miria and Tabitha enjoy my calmness."

"So you admit that Teresa is something more than-"

"JUST SHUT UP AND RIDE."

"...rude."

They reach the cadet's settlement later that afternoon. The new cadets watch as they dismount, the head instructor aggressively strides up to them and before he even says anything Irene glares at him, shutting him up.

"Head instructor Shadis, I believe you received our message that we would come with two new recruits, today around this hour." He nods, standing straight in front of the woman.

"Yes, ma'am, but I see there are three kids with you," he replies, glancing at Miata who's standing boredly beside Jerome and David who are standing almost like soldiers.

"She won't need it," says the nun with a smirk.

Everyone looks at her surprised and are confused as they notice the blades on her hips.

"What do you mean, sister?" he asks.

"Exactly what she said. She already knows how to handle herself and a titan," Irene explains, a breeze lifts her mantle showing her missing arm, while everyone gapes at it she continues calmly. "Actually, she's here because I can't manage too many monsters by myself."