5

It bothered me a lot now that the pages were empty and I missed the chance of predicting the future within the story.

It terrified me.

Everything terrified me.

This world, these people, this place, their way of living, the system. Everything.

I just wanted to cry.
Let everything out. Being with aunt Sarah, her comforting me.

Tell anyone what I was going through.
But I couldn't.

They think I'm the Lady Zephyra, the daughter of some grand duke in this Empire. Living her everyday life as a spoiled noble lady.

I was sitting in front of the desk. The desk was pretty big, considering the chairs were petite.

At the top right corner of the desk, there was a pen holder. Three different pen. It didn't matter to me which pen I would write with. So I randomly picked one.

I opened the notebook.

I hesitated.

This is ridiculous.

I had every right to have a mental breakdown, but I was trying to plan on how I could prevent any danger maybe even my death, either it was within this mansion or outside.

But I couldn't cry.
I had the urge to cry.
I had the space to cry.
I was alone to cry.
I had myself to cry.

But nothing came out.

Just this annoying knot in my throat. With the pen in my hand, I finally managed to write something.

Information from within the world:

-Living in a monarchy, class system, precisely the great Kalindi Empire, western part.

-Apparently a duke's daughter—> Zephyra Newsburgh.

-Family members:
Father—> Barrey Wilhelmson Newsburgh
Siblings—> Older brother Penin Newsburgh, younger brother Zack Newsburgh.
Mother—>???
Maids—> Mina and Marriel.

Characters from the book:
-The second princess Aelia from the Kalindi Empire.
The emperor—> ???

Now that I think about it, the emperor's name was never mentioned in the novel.

The novel began with the tragic past of Aelia.

After the death of her sister, the first princess, the imperial family bullied Aelia a lot, since she was the daughter of a lowly concubine.

Her older sister Adelaide was a mental supporter who deeply cared for Aelia.
Unfortunately, when Aelia was six years old, the eleven year old Adelaide passed away due to a serious illness.

The emperor and the empress blamed the concubine, the mother of Aelia because of her status and even accused her of being the devil herself, since she came from the streets.

So, she got executed.

Unluckily, Aelia being a part of the imperial family herself , had to witness the execution with the rest of the imperial family.

When I read that part, I was in the same situation as I am right now.

I wanted to cry, because of her past, of her suffering which is still on going.

At that moment I just wanted to comfort her in any possible way.

It was also because I could relate to her. Even though not everything was similar in my life to hers, I wanted to support her.