𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

𝗧𝗪: 𝗖𝗨𝗥𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗚

"Why do you always do that thing?" Yelena asks Nat, "Do what?" Nat asks her. "The thing you do when you're fighting. The... Like, the... This thing that you do when you whip your hair when you're fighting with the arm and the hair. And you do, like, a fighting pose. (LAUGHS) It's a... (LAUGHS) It's a fighting pose. You're a total poser." I try to hold in my laughter by looking down, "I hate to side with her Nat but she's right you are a poser" I say to Nat, "I'm not a poser." Nat says, "(LAUGHS) Oh, come on. I mean, they're great poses, but it does look like you think everyone's looking at you, like, all the time" Yelena says,

"You probably have a pose too Y/n" Yelena then says to me, "Wha- I don't actually." I state, "You probably do! I bet it's like this" Yelena gets down in a ridiculous pose with bother her arms sticking out. "fuck you." I tell her, she gets up smirking "You wish." she replies.

I just roll my eyes and look the other way. "All that time that I spent posing, I was trying to actually do something good to make up for all the pain and suffering that we caused. Trying to be more than just a trained killer." Nat speaks.
"Well, then you were fooling yourself because pain and suffering is every day and we are both still a trained killer. Except I'm not the one that's on the cover of a magazine. I'm not the killer that little girls call their hero." Yelena tells her, she then turns to look at me and says, "I don't even know with you, are you a hero or a killer? And when are we going to discuss what you did back there with the." She then harshly glares at a empty can. I narrow my eyes, "I'll explain soon, and I'm neither by the way." I say walking past her, I can feel her eyes on my as I walk out the door.

(KIDS CHATTERING) we sit down on a table outside with kids playing around, me sitting next to Natasha across from Yelena.

"That gas, the counteragent, it was synthesized in secret by an older widow from Melina's generation. I was on the mission to retrieve it, and she exposed me and I killed the widow that freed me." Yelena tells us. "Did you have a choice?" Nat asks,

"What you experienced was psychological conditioning. I'm talking about chemically altering brain functions. They're two completely different things. You're fully conscious, but you don't know which part is you. I'm still not sure" Yelena says sadly.
"Is that all that is left?" I ask her, "Mmm-hmm. It's the only thing that can stop Dreykov and his network of widows."

"hi" I hear a small voice say beside me, I look to see and a young girl who looks about 5 with dark skin and curly hair. "Hello sweetheart" I say smiling, I've never really talked to a kid before, "Look" The girl hands me a little toy pony, "That is so cool." I say patting her head. I hear Yelena snort, I look over and glare at her. I look back at the girl and I take a heart necklace out of my pocket that I bought the other day and I ask the girl, "Do you like it?" The girl nods her head while gawking at the necklace, I put it around her neck and connect the back. The girl turns around and hugs me, She then runs off and shows her mom and the other kids. I smile to myself sadly knowing I can never be a mom with my life.

"That was sweet" Nat says breaking me out of my trance, "Oh mhm." I hide the tears brimming my eyes and smile lightly at her. Yelena just stares blankly then says, "He takes more every day. Children who don't have anyone to protect them. Just like us when we were small. Maybe one in 20 survives the training, becomes a widow. The rest, he kills. To him, we are just things. Weapons with no face that he can just throw away. Because there is always more. And no one's even looking for him, thanks to you and Alexei."

"Alexei?" me and Nat ask in sync. Yelena chuckles dryly, "Dad." she says. "Did you ever look for your parents? Your real ones?" Yelena asks her.
"Well, my mom abandoned me in the street like garbage. What about you?" Nat tells her. "My parents we're murdered in front of me when I was nine so no. What about you?" I say, she looks a little caught off guard but says, "They destroyed my birth certificate, so I reinvented it. My parents still live in Ohio. My sister moved out west." Yelena says,

"Is that right?" Nat says chuckling, "You're a science teacher. You're working part-time, though, especially after you had your son. Your husband, he renovates houses." They both chuckle and Nat says, "That is not my story."
"I never let myself be alone long enough to think about it." Nats says, "What about you y/n? Whats your story?" Yelena asks me, I just stare at her then Nat says quietly, "You don't have to y/n." I collect myself and say, "No it's fine, If nosy wants to get all up in my business then fine, I'll tell you my "story"" I say, Yelena rolls her eyes about my "nosy" comment but nods her head anyway.

"I was born into a poor village with barely any food or water to survive off of, yet my mom and dad still did the most to keep me fed and as happy as possible. That was until one day, A group of soldiers invaded our small village and killed everyone except for me and two other kids...."

                            *FLASH BACK*