007. Old friends part 2

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ : ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇʀ
𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒏𝒆 : 𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐

✯✯✯

𝐘/𝐍'𝐒 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 clicked against the floor of the bridge as she walked alongside Zemo, Bucky who was in his winter soldier outfit and Sam who wore a red with yellow details suit while she was wearing a long black dress with a cut-out side. One of her blades strapped to her thigh, of course.

"We need to do something about this. I'm the only one who looks like a pimp," Sam spoke up. 

"I agree. How am I supposed to fight in this if something happens?" Y/n added.

"Only an American would assume a fashion-forward Black man looks like a pimp. You two look exactly like the man and woman you're supposed to be playing. Conrad Mack, aka the smiling tiger, and his girlfriend, Jane." Zemo said and handed his phone to Sam.

"He even has a bad nickname," Sam complained "Hell he does look like me though," he showed the picture to Y/n and Bucky, and it indeed was almost the exact same person. 

"You smell this?" asked Zemo. 

"Yeah, what is that? Acid?" asked Sam. 

"Madripoor. No matter what happens, we have to stay in character. Our lives depend on it. There's no margin for error," Zemo answered as a car arrived. Y/n got in the car and sat next to Bucky as the other two continued to talk - bicker - outside.

"You're alright?" she asked as she could sense his nervousness, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah," he simply answered and before they could've gone further, Sam and Zemo got in.

As it started to rain, motorbikes surrounded the car that was driving toward who knows where. They drove through a tunnel and finally arrived in the city. It looked worn-out, the kind of place nobody wanted to be alone in. Y/n walked next to Sam, who had his arm around her back, staying in the character. She was starting to feel nervous too, surrounded by all those people in the bar they just entered. What they both didn't know was that Bucky glared at them from the back. Music was blasting as some heads turned to them and started whispering inaudible things.

"Is that the winter soldier?" a man asked.

Y/n turned her head around slightly and sent a look to Bucky saying not to listen to them. They approached the bar and the barman got closer to them.

"Hello gentlemen, lady. Wasn't expecting you, Smiling Tiger. You neither Jane,"

"His plans changed. We have business to do with Selby," Zemo explained. 

"The usual?" the man asked Sam, or Conrad.

He and Y/n looked at each other before Sam nodded. The barman turned around and took out a snake, starting to gut it. Y/n frowned and glanced at Sam.

"Ah, Smiling tiger, your favorite" Zemo said with a wide smile as the barman handed a drink in front of Sam who gladly took it.

"I love these," Sam said. 

"Cheers Conrad" Zemo said and they clinked their glasses and drank.

Y/n watched as Sam smelled it two times before drinking it and staring at the barman, raising his thumb up. She looked at Bucky who nodded before he turned toward a man who came to stand behind Zemo. 

"You ain't welcome here," the man said.

"I have no business with the Power broker. But if he insists, he can either come and talk to me," Zemo answered and turned to Bucky.