Kiara reaches across the table, taking Kit's hands into hers. "Kit, you know I love you but that's insane. You sounded like JJ when explaining your plans." Kit shrugs. "I guess that's one of the reasons why JJ and I are close...we support each other's plans, no matter how crazy or disastrous it could be."

"So, support mine. Come with me to Midsummers. The worse that can happen will be the Kooks giving us judgmental looks." Kit sighs. "Kie-" "Please, go with me, your best friend who you love so much." Kit gives Kiara's hands a light squeeze. "Fine, I'll go." Kiara squeals. 

"But I'm borrowing a dress from your closet." 

Kiara nods. "Done." 

++++++

"This is disgusting." Kiara spoke, gazing at her reflection in the mirror. 

"I know. It's just horrible," Anna Carrera, Kiara's mother replies, brushing off Kiara's annoyed tone. "I'm asking you to relax and go to a fun party with your best friend." Kiara turns, "I look like a bourgeoisie pig."

Slipping out of the bathroom, Kit leans against the doorframe as she takes Kiara in. "I think you look hot." Kiara's eyes trail up to the corner of the mirror, spotting her best friend behind her. She shakes her head. "You're wrong. You're the one that looks hot." Kit glances down at her outfit. She was a replica of Kiara's satin maxi dress but in a different color. Kiara's satin maxi dress was a light purple while Kit's was a light blue. Kit shakes her head, her cheeks reddening a bit. "Kiara, it's not good to lie in front of your mom." 

"Ladies, you both look gorgeous," Mrs. Carrera's heels clicks against the floor before coming to a stop. "Now will you please not worry about socioeconomic injustice for one night?" Kiara rolls her eyes as she goes to stand behind her mom. "Mom, people not three miles from here have no power, no running water, and we're going to Midsummers. That's so tone-deaf." "Actually, we have running water, it's just really cold and-" Kit pauses, seeing the look Kiara was giving her. "Never mind."

"Do you know how hard we had to work to get into the Island Club?" "Yeah, Mom. How could I forget? You had to grovel for, like ten years-" "Twelve," Mrs. Carrera corrects her daughter. "We also had to cough up a huge chunk of dough, and do you know why we did that?" 

"To keep up with the Joneses?" Kiara mumbles, rolling her eyes.

"No. So, you could have the same experiences that I had as a child. Honey, do you know what the Island Club is?" "A factory farm for debutantes?" Mrs. Carrera takes a step towards Kiara, placing her hands onto her daughter's cheeks. "It is a nice place, with nice people, where you can do fun stuff." "With out-of-touch rich people, while the island sinks slowly into the ocean." "Don't tell that to JJ," Kit spoke up. "He'll start to think that OBX will be the next Atlantis." 

Mrs. Carrera shakes her head at Kit before looking back over at her daughter. "Okay, I want you to put on your party face, Kie, if you wanna live." Mrs. Carrera walks out of the room, the clicks of her heel echoing throughout the house. 

"Wow." Kit chimes as Kiara falls back onto her bed, letting out a frustrated yell.

++++++

"You know what would make this night more interesting?" Kit asks Kiara as the two make their way through the party, their arms linked together. 

Kiara shakes her head. "No what?".

"A riot," Kit says, her eyes sparkling. Kiara laughs. "And how would we start a riot?" Kit shrugs. "Easy. I take this drink," Kit grabs a champagne flute from a waiter passing by. "And throw it into a Kook's face." Kiara hums in thought. "And who's the lucky Kook that's getting a face full of champagne?" "I vote Rafe Cameron's face."