[12]: Midsummers

"No."

"Kit, please?" Kiara pleads as Kit walks past her, heading over to a rack of bikinis. "Kie, I don't want to party with a bunch of Kooks." "I don't either," Kiara admits, trailing after Kit. "Kit, you know how much I despise this but my mom's making me go and I don't want to suffer alone." 

"Kit, you should go," Tanner spoke up from behind the counter. He could hear the entire conversation since the surf shop was empty. Kit spins around, facing her older brother. "It'll be good for you to get things off your mind for a while." Kit scoffs as she turns, slamming the hook down onto the rack. She storms past the counter and disappears into the break room. Kiara makes her way over to the counter. "What was that all about?" Kiara asks Tanner, leaning her forearms onto the counter. 

"It's about JJ," Tanner tells her. "She spent all afternoon trying to come up with a legal plan on how to bail JJ out of jail." Kiara nods, thanking Tanner before heading into the break room. She slips past through the colorful beads, spotting Kit sitting at a table with her phone out. Kiara walks over to the table and sits down across from her. 

"Tanner told me."

Kit's head snaps up from her phone. "Told you what?" "That you're trying to come up with a plan to break JJ out of jail." Kit sighs. For a second, she thought Tanner had told Kiara about her and JJ dating. "Yeah, well, I got jack squat on how to get him out legally." Kiara tilts her head. "Just out of curiosity, what illegal ways were you thinking?" Kit straightens herself up. "Plan A: pose as a Deputy and break him out or Plan B: visit him and tell him to fake a medical emergency. They can't ignore your medical emergency, thus taking him to a nearby hospital where I will then disguise myself as a nurse where I will then wheel him to a 'room' when in really I'm taking him to the parking lot to escape."