ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕟𝕖

"Shh baby you have to be quiet." I whisper to Emma who just sobbed.

"Look at me" I turn her face towards me and looked into her eyes.

"Breathe in and out. Slowly Emma. You can do it. thats it baby." She looked at me and started to calm down.

"Nothing will happen. I'm here." I repeat over and over again. She nodded before wrapping her arms around me.

"What about daddy?" She whispered looking at the door.

"He'll be back." I said feeling my heart race. It's been two hours since he left us here. He went looking for the kids. They were at the movies with their friends when Daryl came home and told me to turn on the tv. Everyone was freaking out. People were eating people and no one knew why. Daryl told us we had to leave town because the army was telling everyone to head to DC.

"Do you think they are alive?" Emma asked wiping away her tears with her sleeve.

"Yeah.....Why don't you try reading?" I said grabbing her books from under the bed.

"I'm too nervous to read mom. I hear a car." Emma says as I hear the door open and slam.

"Daryl?" I yell out but no answer. I grab the gun Daryl left me from the bed and get up.

"Mom" Emma whispered yelled but I put my finger to my lip. I hear footsteps get closer to the bedroom door. I signal Emma to hide under the bed. She crawled quickly covering her mouth from her sobs.

The door opened and I push the trigger slowly and the person ducked down as I shoot.

"Oye pendeja! It's me Jonathan!" Jonathan yelled grabbing the gun from my shaking hands.

"JONATHAN!" I yell hugging him so tight he let out a painful groan.

"You're squeezing too hard Lucy" he said before hugging me tightly as well. Emma came out from under the bed and ran towards Jonathan. She hugged him crying. He picked her up and turned to me.

"I tried calling but the phone line is dead. Where's the kids?" He asked putting his right hand on my cheek and looked into my eyes. My eyes filled up with tears and I couldn't hold it anymore.

"Daryl went looking for them. It's been two hours and he hasn't returned. What if they're dead?!" I sob out.

"Don't say that Luz. Daryl will be back with them safe and sound. I know he will." He says as I hear the door opening and someone mumbling really loud.

"Daryl?" I look at Jonathan confused.

"It's uncle Merle." Jonathan and I roll our eyes at the same time.

"Probably robbing us." I mumbled grabbing Emma's hand and go downstairs. I was right Merle was robbing us.

"You probably should've checked the house asshole." I said making him jump.

"Where's my brother?" He asked looking at Emma.

"Since when do you care about Daryl?" I said crossing my arms angrily. We haven't seen him in almost a year. I told Daryl I didn't want him around the kids because he almost got Daryl put in jail for his problems. I'm not a fan of Merle and he isn't a fan of me.

"Look sweetheart don't come here acting all tough when you ain't shit."

"Don't call me sweetheart puto." Jonathan put his hand on my shoulder to calm me down.

"Mom!" I hear the door open and Riley yelled.

"Oh thank god." I run towards them. Riley started crying. Daryl and the kids are safe and felt my heart relax. Daniel and Ethan hugged me tightly and I kiss them on the forehead.