Prologue

"So how did you meet Elena". "Actually I don't remember, it's just that she has always been there, since the beginning", said Kaiden as he smiled. "She has always been my number #1 and I think it was pretty obvious that someday we would end up together, but it wasn't easy" "When two people really love each other, they will always find a way to make it work. No matter how hard it is".

*At the James mansion*

"Mommy" "Yes, Kayla", said Marisol as she walked in as she carried a 3 year old Kendall in her arms. She looked at her 3 year old daughter, Kayla, as she walked over to her. "Kaiden is ignoring me again", said the little girl as she pouted and looked over sad at her older brother. "Kaiden what have I told you about ignoring your sister", said Marisol in a annoyed tone. "But mom, Kayla wants to play tea party and I want to watch tv", said Kaiden as he looked over at his mother.

Marisol was about to say something but was cut off as the front door opened, the kids started to run downstairs as they made their way over to find their father. When they found him they noticed that he wasn't alone, he came with a family behind him and they had 2 daughters.

"Hey kids", says Jackson as he kneels down to hug his children, he stood up and walked over to Marisol who just made her way downstairs and was holding Kendall in her arms. "Hi there sweet boy and hello my beautiful wife", said Jackson as he kissed both Kendall and Marisol. "Hi baby", says Marisol as she kisses Jackson, "what's going on?", she says as she looks at the family standing behind her husband. "These are the Hylands, I offered them a place to stay until they find a home of their own in the neighborhood, they will be joining us.", says Jackson as he looks over at the family.

"Hi it's nice to meet you Ms. James, my name is Henry and this is my wife Amelia and our 2 daughters, Samantha and Elena", says the man as he looks over at his family. "It's so nice to meet you all, and you don't have to call me Ms, it's makes me feel old. Marisol is fine.", says Marisol as she smiles. "These are our kids, Kaiden, Kayla and Kendall". "They are very beautiful Marisol, I hope that all the kids can grow up together in harmony", says Amelia. "Of course they can, it would be nice for Kayla to finally have girls to play with", says Marisol as she smiles.

"Hi there, my name is Kayla, what's yours?", says a very enthusiastic Kayla as she walked over to Elena , with Kaiden by her side. Elena was a very shy kid, so she quickly hid behind her big sisters leg avoiding conversation with the James siblings. "Sorry about her she is very shy, I'm Samantha and she is Elena", says Samantha as she rolled her eyes. "Hey it's okay, you don't have to be afraid, we are all going to be best friends", says Kayla as she looked over at Elena. "Yeah, we will like to be your friend Elena", says Kaiden as he sneaks behind Samantha to look at Elena, when she noticed what he was doing she quickly hid her face, but would quickly glance over to see if he left.

Kaiden noticed the glances that Elena would throw at him, so came up with the idea of every time she looked over he will do a funny face. The first face he did was sticking out his tongue, the second face he did was a angry face, the third face was a sad face , and the fourth face, he used his thumbs to pull his eyes and he stuck out his tongue. Elena found it funny and she slowly started to walk closer to Kaiden, she was already face to face with him and she kept giggling at him. "Your funny, I'm Elena", she says as she smiles. "I'm Kaiden", he says and they started to talk. After a while Kaiden grabbed Elena's hand and pulled her to the play room with the other kids, they sat beside a each other and helped each other build a house with their Legos.

"Look at that", says Marisol as she pointed at the kids. "It looks like Elena left her shyness away", says Jackson as he looks at the kids. "This is weird, Elena is shy around everyone including her cousins, but she's somehow normal around Kaiden", says Henry in a confused tone. "Maybe she is slowly losing her shyness" "Or maybe Kaiden and her are soulmates and they feel comfortable around each other", says Marisol without thinking, she turned around and saw everyone looking at her confused, "I was just kidding", she says as she laughs.

*3 years later*

Elena was running around the garden in her house, behind her was Kaiden that was following her around as they played tag. Kaiden kept trying to tag Elena but every time she would take a quick turn or do a gymnastic move. Kaiden was getting annoyed so he started to run over at his fastest speed and he catches up to her and tagged her. He came in with strength that when he tagged her he actually pushes her and she fell right in her face, she looked at him after she fell and they both started to laugh, as she tried to stand up she felt pain in her right leg and that's when she noticed she scraped herself.

"Ouch I got a booboo", says Elena as she looks at Kaiden. "I'm so sorry Ellie, it's all my fault", says Kaiden as he looked at her leg. "It's okay I just need to go to mommy, but it's not your fault.", she says as she smiles at Kaiden. "No I hurt my wife "Your wife?", says Elena looking at him confused. "Yes, my dad calls my mom her wife, and they are always together, I asked my mom why dad calls her wife and she said that when you love someone you take a big step and then you get to call each other husband and wife", says Kaiden as he starts to sit next to Elena. "And I love you so that's makes you my wife" "ohhh, so that makes you my husband", says Elena as she looked at him. "Yes, and do you know what husband and wife do?", says Kaiden as she shyly smiled. "My mommy and daddy are husband and wife, they always kiss. So kiss". "Yes, do you wanna do it", asks Kaiden. "Okay", says Elena as she smiled.

They both leaned in and kissed, a peck, when they pulled away they smiled at each other and kept calling each other husband and wife until they actually knew what that meant. Years later Kaiden grew up to be a responsible and serious teenage boy, he started to train with his father and was already going on missions with his father by his side, Elena grew up to be nice and loving girl, she took self defense class along side Kayla and her sister, they lived in a dangerous world so if anything were to happen she could defend herself. Even though the both of them are taking different routes in life they are still the best of friends, or are they?

 Even though the both of them are taking different routes in life they are still the best of friends, or are they?