Chapter 19 || Y/n's POV

Start from the beginning

"Why are you even here?" blurted Chiyo a little aggressively. "Aren't you like 12?"

Imu took offense to that but Teruhashi broke them apart before they could fight.

"Alright, I guess a few more activities are fine!"

"Finally they're gone," muttered Kusuo.

"What? Your strawberries?" I asked over a mouthful.

"The girls, you moron. Did you not catch what Teruhashi was thinking?"

"Oh, yeah. She can be pretty dangerous." Her little scheme to seperate me and Kusuo was a little too advanced. I mean, it's not like I cared to be near him, I was just disturbed.

"So, pals," chirped Nendou, "want to dance?" He was suddenly behind me. I felt his creepy presence tickle my back. How someone that big and loud could sneak up on you like that, I don't know.

"Want to see a card trick?" asked Kaidou, now dressed in a top hat and cape.

"Hold on, where did you get that?" asked Kusuo.

"We're good," I cut the both of them off. "I might leave soon anyways."

"Well in that case, let's get one dance in, alright?"

Before I could reject, Kaidou grabbed my hand and Nendou snagged Saikis. We were led outside to the music.

"I don't dance," Kusuo and I said in unison.

"Then you guys can learn together!" Nendou pushed Kusuo into me. Kaidou almost objected, but then Chiyo asked him to dance.

Nendou disappeared somehow and I was stuck with Saiki again. "Should we just go home?" I asked, opening my eyes to expect an unamused, slightly annoyed Saiki.

"Well," he said instead, "one dance couldn't hurt, right?"

His face was only slightly softened, but it said a lot. The music drifted into a romantic melody a little too suddenly.

"Uh-" I laughed nervously looking up at him. He grabbed my hand and looked at it a while. Tiny pulses rippled through.

"Calm down, I just want to see something."

He intertwined his fingers with mine, both hands. Sparks of electricity trickled throughout my palms, but slowly began to fade. A low hum began to sound.

"Do you hear that?" I asked, confused.

"Are you nervous?"

"No..." I drew in a breath and realized my heartbeat was fairly steady.

"Yeah.. I hear it..." Kusuo pulled me into his arms, one hand on my waist and the other on my shoulder. The humming grew louder, but I noticed shocks began to erupt.

"W-what are you doing-" I blurted. The warmth of his body touched my skin. His fresh cologne clouded my senses, and my cheeks began to blush. I was enchanted by his unlikely charm. His purple eyes gazed into mine, and I felt my heartbeat drift into unison with his. His eyeline flickered to my lips. The air got heavy and my eyelids fell closed as I inhaled his comforting scent. I felt his presence near, his breath so close I could almost taste it.

His head dipped down to my ear and he whispered, "Do you know your powers?" The low humming noise began to fade. Suddenly my eyes popped open again and a heat spread into my cheeks. What was I doing? Allowing myself to indulge in intimacy with him was... wrong.

His breath tickling my ear was too much. I pulled away. My skin felt prickly.

"Well, not fully," I sighed, looking away, "it's complicated. " Saiki grabbed my hand but the sparks separated us again. I dropped my hands to the side, cursing myself for misreading this moment as anything more than a curiosity experiment. How embarrassing.

"I see," he said, wiping his sweater. It made popping noises, like he was wiping off static. "We should start testing as soon as possible."

. . . . . . .

A/N: ty for reading! weve reached 10k reads already!! I'm sorry it took a while to update. I've been going through shit recently. I kinda ran away but failed to escape my "family" 🥲 and i hate my life but hey at least yall like this book, so here's your chapter saiki pic!

 I kinda ran away but failed to escape my "family" 🥲 and i hate my life but hey at least yall like this book, so here's your chapter saiki pic!

hot lol. cya next chap