XII - the hidden princes!?

─══─━══─⊱✠⊰─══━─══─

Chapter Twelve - The Hidden Prince..s!?

─══─━══─⊱✠⊰─══━─══─

Crossroads Academy was attended by children from all walks of life, from commoners to nobles to royalty. While the chances of a royal taking a class with a non-royal were extremely rare, it still happened. For instance, Alexander Wilhelm Wolfram Nachtnebel- otherwise known as Alexander Diaz- was the crown prince of Oria. No one knew of his origins nor his true identity, but many followed him and he gladly led them like a true crown prince. Yet, Alexander wasn't the only royal prince. Emilio Dawson was also a prince, maybe not as elite as Alexander, but he was still influential. Emilio was the prince of Nabia, the kingdom of light. Although he was a royal he wasn't regarded as highly as the Preists in the kingdom of Nabia.

Unlike Prince Alexander, Emilio was the type most avoided. He wasn't disrespectful or harmful to others. He was simply... an oddball. He often asked others to duel, eager to find their level of strength. He was addicted to strength and searched constantly for the strongest person. Why? Dunno, he's weird. And his weirdness pushed others away from him. But alas, this is a novel setting, so Emilio wasn't entirely friendless. The other main characters in the story were close to the lavender-haired boy. They too thought he was an oddball but knew he was strong. Despite his lanky and tall frame, he managed to take down a man twice his size. At first, they weren't sure his claim was true, but they believed him the moment he defeated the combat teacher in a demonstration.

Even though both princes had shown plenty of hints of their true identities, nobody considered the possibility. No one except a certain black-haired male; Ezra Kingston. A transmigrated soul that read these characters' lives. A soul who was currently hiding from the two princes, Keon Blackburn, and Ruben Sharp. The four men looked stunning standing next to each other. Alexander's golden hair and green eyes complimented Emilio's cool lavender hair, while Ruben's brown hair contrasted with Keon's white hair and red eyes. Their presence was like the four seasons coming together, creating perfect harmony and balance. Alexander's golden hair was like the summer sun, Emilio's lavender hair was like the freshness of spring, Ruben's earthy tones were like the richness of autumn, and Keon's awe and wonder was like the serenity of winter. It made Ezra feel less alien to see Keon's red eyes since so few humans had them and he was one of the few. But, right now, none of that mattered.

Hiding was his main priority, but so was his nap, which he had yet to accomplish. The stealthy male watched his four classmates interact, cringing lightly at their perfect faces. "Damn writers making me simp over my killers," Ezra's mood soured as he straightened himself out. If he was hoping to take a nap he first needed to walk past the lion's den, but to do that, he needed to choke down his fears. As the four teens waited for the combat hall to open, they stood around, talking and laughing like they wouldn't commit murder in the future. Now there were other paths to the dorms, but the path past the combat hall was the quickest and Ezra wasn't about to waste his precious nap time. After all, nap time was the only time he felt truly alive.

He took a deep breath and slowly let it out before moving to take a step- NOPE! He couldn't do it! They could kill Ezra early! He tried to avoid the main characters so they wouldn't focus their attention on him, but it didn't seem to be working! Ezra felt his anxiety grow heavy in his chest. Subconsciously, the boy started biting his fingernails, tearing at his skin, his brain thinking about every possible way they could kill him right then and there. It was only the third day of school and Ezra was already freaking out!

The male dropped his head back against the cool brick wall, his eyes shutting momentarily. He let his hands fall to his sides as his body sank into the cool brick wall behind him. At that moment he had forgotten his body existed and his mind took him back to that strange white-haired man in his dreams. That man's long silver hair was captivating, and his piercing grey eyes... Ezra suddenly remembered the man's words, the words that seemed so meaningful yet he couldn't quite understand what they meant. He had a feeling that if he could only decipher what that man meant, his life would change forever.

Ezra opened his crimson eyes and gazed at the blue sky. "His eyes had blue in them too." He muttered mindlessly as he stepped away from the wall. He felt hazy. As the thought of that strange man weighed on his mind, he walked out of hiding, exposing himself to his enemies. However, before he could fully understand what he had done, a body slammed into his chest, pushing him back. Luckily, this time he wasn't the one to fall, rather it was the female lead who fell; her yelp attracting the attention of the four male leads.

Ezra narrowed his eyes in confusion and looked down at the girl. Her skin was pale and her short sky-blue hair made her appear soft and fragile. She was perfect. Her large caramel orbs looked up at Ezra in surprise and the male couldn't help but a small scoff. She is the perfect heroine: big boobs, a small waist, a beautiful face, and innocent brown eyes. "Lady Davis!" Alexander exclaimed as he rushed over, Ruben following him closely. The moment Ezra looked up at Alexander he realized he had blown his cover and nap time was never going to happen.

─══─━══─⊱✠⊰─══━─══─

UPDATED 03/2023