Part 5

Germani Da'lane Grace
(GiGi)

Indianapolis,Indiana
2020 July 2nd
Garfield Park

•••

"Ziair getcho ass back here right FUCKING now." Tye yelled out as Ziair peeked up the older girls dresses.

We were currently at the cookout, that had happened every summer. Since like 1980.

"Member tt finna buy you a toy." I said making him hurry and run over to where we were seated.

"Ok TT I be good." He said taking a bite of his Mac and cheese.

"He don't even need no damn toy- never mind." Tye said shaking her head. I just laughed and continued eating my food.

"Yo Tye." Shoota hollered.

"What." She said dryly.

"Girl don't start." He said walking over here.

"Hey pops." Ziair said.

"Nigga I told yo ass quit calling me dat. Making me feel old n shit." Shoota said causing me to laugh.

"Wassup GiGi. Long time no see." He said.

"Hey Shoota." I said looking down at my plate.

"Ight listen I can't watch Ziair at all dis week." He said standing in front of Tye.

"Why not." Tye said.

"Cuz my boy getting out sometime dis week." Shoota said messing wit his twist. Been growing his hair out since high-school.

"Who you talking about." Tye said.

"Who else." Shoota said making a duh face.

"Who nigga?" Tye said.

"Killa nigga, who else?" He said.

"Wait I thought he wasn't getting out till another 5 years." I said.

"Yea, but they ain't never find the murder weapon. So they took those years off for Monse and just kept the ones for you." He said confusing the hell outta me.

"So why didn't they just cancel all the charges for me to. He used the same weapon to hurt me." I said.

"Hello you alive. So you gave yo story of what happen. Plus they had his D.N.A all in your nails. Since you scratched the shit outta him." Shoota said.

"I think I should start to head to the shop." I said standing up grabbing my purse.

"You sure girl." Tye said feeding Ziair green beans.

"Yea, call you later." I said walking away to my car.

I actually was just goin to go back to my house. I had needed to book a flight as soon as possible. I did not want to be here when he got out of the pin.

//////
27 minutes later
//////

"Hey sis." I said into the phone as I made me a plate of pizza.

"Hey pooh. Why you ain't come in?" Giovanna said.

"Um I just wanted to chill today." I said.

"Mhm ok." She said.

"Well ima call you later I got a client. Love you." She said hanging up.

"Love you to." I mumbled before climbing into my bed and eating my pizza.

Vote and comment