04. THAT'S YOUR FIRST QUESTION, REMUS?

Start from the beginning

"We haven't got the time, Remus!" Sirius snapped, standing up, causing Remus and Natalia, who were still on their knees, to stand up as well. "Where's Harry?"

"He'll be fine Dumbledore followed him," Tonks replied with a reassuring smile, "but you have to get out of here, you're not a free man just yet, cousin."

Sirius nodded as he glanced at Natalia who gave him a small smile.

"Right, " Remus nodded. "But we're talking about this later."

"You need to come with us, " Tonks told Natalia. The latter frowned. "As much as you helped, we still don't know who you are."

"So you want to interrogate me?" Natalia asked and Tonks smiled sheepishly.

Natalia shrugged and before they could go, she snapped the wand she was holding in two and let go of the man's magic, though, still retaining his knowledge (the useful parts).

"Why did you snap your wand?" Remus choked out and Natalia looked at the pieces on the ground and back at him.

"Wasn't mine, " she said with a shrug. "I don't have one."

"This is exactly what I meant, " Tonks said, gesturing to Natalia. "We have to know who you are."

▪▫▪♠▪▫▪

12 Grimmauld Place, as they had called it, looked taken out of a movie. One of those haunted and abandoned houses that made chills run through somebody's spine. Including Natalia. She couldn't even fathom as to why wizards would live there in their right minds. Why couldn't they just buy a muggle house and use their juju to hide it from the others? Why choose the old, grimy, dingy, dusty, and scary place?

Natalia had spent the next few days there, as everyone around them took care of the recent events. Sirius had gone to Hogwarts to see his godson, now, as a free man—the ministry had cleared his name a couple of days after the whole Department of Mysteries mishap. Tonks was running around, answering the orders of a man with a disfigured face—Mad-Eye Moody, was his name, as Natalia had come to know him. And Remus was the only one with not much to do, apart from a few missions he had to go on for the Order.

Now, the Order Natalia knew what it was. After all, it was one of the titles of the books/movies. The Order of the Pheonix. Led by Gandalf, the manipulative old coot. Natalia had mixed thoughts about the guy, but one thing she knew was that she really didn't want to trust him.

During those days spent at Grimmauld Place, Natalia was basically waiting for everything to calm down so she could finally be interrogated and out of there, back to her journey around London—she had been thinking of maybe traveling the world or something, meeting new places, maybe going back to LA and try her acting career once more.

Her time in that dingy old house was mainly spent playing chess with Remus. The man, Natalia had come to know better, was a lot of fun, though he seemed worn out. He and she would usually have long talks about everything and anything, usually steering away from anything personal—he didn't want to give out any details she could then use against them and Natalia the same (she would have to do that already under interrogation).

And now, Natalia was sitting on a chair in the long kitchen in the basement of the house. Sirius, Tonks, and Remus were the only ones there at the moment but they had told her more members would be on the way. She was finally going to be interrogated. Yay, she thought sarcastically.

"First things first," Remus began, his hands clasped together atop the table. "How did you and Sirius meet?"

"That's your first question, Remus?" Sirius asked incredulously and Remus nodded.