Chapter One

Marinette's POV:

I squealed to my kwami  "Today is the day, Tikki! I'm confessing to Adrien." Tikki flew up to me, hugged my cheek, and reassured me, "I know he's going to accept it!" I sighed, "I really hope so, but I can't lose my confidence now!" I glanced at the clock and said, "It's time to go to school. C'mon, Tikki." Tikki went inside my purse as usual. I got my school bag and headed downstairs. My mom asked, "Marinette, are you going to eat breakfast?" I shook my head. "No, I'll just have some bread on the way to school if that's alright." My mom smiled. "Okay honey, have a good day!" I went over to my mom, hugged her, and I smiled, "I will! I love you!" My mom waved me goodbye.

I went downstairs to the bakery where my dad was making some pastries. I greeted my dad, "Good morning, dad!" He greeted back  "Good morning, honey! Would you like a croissant?" I nodded, "Yes please." My dad handed me a croissant in a small bag, and I smiled, "Thank you, Dad! I must be going. Bye!" He warmly smiled while waving me goodbye.

I ran to school as usual, while running to the entrance. I bumped into someone, causing all of my stuff to fall on the ground. causing me to fall as well. I look up at the person I bumped into. It's Kagami! I stuttered, "S-Sorry Kagami I-I didn't mean to b-bump into y-you!" Kagami calmly said and kneeled down, "Don't worry Marinette, it was an accident." Kagami helped me by picking up my stuff and handing it to me. While I was trying to calm myself down. In the corner of my eye, I saw Kagami pick up the envelope meant for Adrien.  She asked, "Marinette, what is this? Why does it have a heart?" I just died inside. My whole face turned red in embarrassment; Kagami cleared her throat. "My apologies, Marinette. I didn't mean to invade your privacy." Upon realizing that we were both on the ground a few minutes before being late to class.

Kagami stood up, let out her hand, and offered, "Here, take my hand." I warmly accepted, "Thank you, Kagami." I offered "Kagami I have a croissant. Would you like to share it with me?" Kagami politely refused, "No, thank you, Marinette." Kagami handed me the envelope and cheerfully said, "I'll see you in class. Good luck with your love letter." I blushed but didn't say a word. How did she know? I mean, it's quite obvious, to be honest. Then Kagami left, and I stood there trying to comprehend what just happened.

I didn't notice, but Alya came up and asked, "Hey girl! Why are you standing there?"  I felt something pinch my arm and I yelled, "Ouch!" Alya remarked, "Sorry, but you were standing there like an idiot." I crossed my arms and pouted, "Just for that, I won't share my croissant that I brought."

Alya whined, "No fair, it was only a small pinch." I giggled, "Fine, but don't do it again." Alya grinned, "I promise!" I opened the small bag and took out the pastry and ripped it in half. Giving her a piece. After we ate it, Alya complimented, "Your family bakes the best pastries, I swear." Before I could say anything, the bell rang. I quickly said, "C'mon, Alya, I don't want to be late for class as usual." As we both arrived at the classroom, everyone else was doing their own thing while we waited for Miss. Bustier. Like every day, I sat next to Alya while I was sketching on a piece of paper and Alya was on her phone per usual. The class has been different ever since Kagami transferred.

It has been a few months since Kagami transferred schools. She used to go to an all-girl private academy, but from what I heard, Adrien convinced her to transfer here. The class has accepted her, but she doesn't really talk much. She mostly hangs out with Adrien, but I want to get close to her but I don't know how. The only thing I know about her is that she likes fencing and she's really good at it. Everyone went quiet. They quickly headed to their seats, and Miss. Bustier appeared and apologized, "Alright class! I'm sorry for being late. The traffic was horrible on the way here."

Miss. Bustier continued, "I have prepared the lesson for today. We'll do group duos on a topic of your choice, but I'll be picking the partners. Let's begin, Alya and Chloe. You two will be partners." Chloe interrupted Miss. Bustier "This is utterly ridiculous! Paired with the mole rat." Alya yelled at Chloe, "It isn't like I want to be paired up with the entitled brat!" "Alya! Chloe!" Miss. Bustier yelled at both of them. "Stop arguing! I won't hesitate to send both of you to the principal's office." Alya and Chloe just stayed quiet.