"Let's hope." JJ said.

"You know, we were in that car." Kiara said, having woken up. She was sat on one of the tables, looking over at the others. "They're probably looking for us, too."

"She's right." Scarlett agreed. "Even if they caught John B, they'd still be searching for us. We're literal accomplices to a crime. We helped hide John B, who is currently being wanted for murder."

Pope shook his head slightly, turning to JJ. "Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B." He walked over to one of the tables where his backpack lay.

"So, find him before they do?" JJ asked, watching as Pope took the bike keys from the side pocket of the bag. "Pope?"

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat." Pope told them, walking with his back to them over to the door.

"Hey, you be careful." Kiara told him. Her voice was soft, but the worry was obvious. "Okay?"

Pope paused by the door, barely sparing her a glance before looking over at JJ and Scarlett. "Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late."

Scarlett raised one of her hands, sending him a salute. "Aye, aye Captain. Will do." Pope walked out the door without a second glance, and after a second Kiara raced out after him.

"Did I miss something?" JJ asked. He looked down at Scarlett, running a hand through his hair.

"Um... Pope kinda told Kie that he's in love with her last night and she shot him down." She lifted a hand, her fingers imitating a gun. She pointed her fingers at her chest, roughly where her heart was, and pretended to fire a bullet. "Pew, pew." The pair walked out onto the deck, staying just by the top of the stairs. They watched as Kiara desperately tried to talk to Pope, but the boy kept revving the engine of the bike every time she tried to speak. They couldn't hear what was being said, but from the look on Kiara's face it wasn't a happy conversation. Hopelessly, they watched as Kiara gave up and Pope sped away.

She stood there for a few moments, watching him go, before turning around and beginning to walk towards Scarlett and JJ. Scarlett could see in her friend's eyes that she was feeling low- regretting something between herself and Pope. Kiara opened her mouth to speak, but was quickly cut off by a whirring sound coming from above. The three of them looked up, watching a helicopter fly over head. They knew for sure it wasn't part of the Kildare Island Police Department, meaning the new, temporary Sheriff had brought someone else in.

And it also meant they hadn't found John B yet.

"Who the hell is that?" JJ asked, watching the helicopter fly further away from them.

Scarlett shook her head, watching as the helicopter faded from view. "No idea. But I don't have a good feeling about it." She turned around, walking back inside. Pausing at the door, she looked back at the others. "C'mon. We've gotta pack supplies for John B."

"Can you believe that he just went off like that?" Kiara questioned, following Scarlett back into the Wreck. The girls walked into the kitchen, JJ following behind them, and began grabbing some food supplies from the various cupboards and the fridge.

"I mean, he's upset right now. He's just gotta clear his head." Scarlett said. "Besides, one of us did need to go get gas for the boat." She handed some tins of food to JJ, who started packing them into the backpack. "Look, he poured his heart out to you last night- granted, he was high. And you rejected him. Just, give him a few hours to cool off."

"You sure he wasn't just being weird Pope?" JJ asked, looking between the girls.

"It wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation." Kiara told him. She handed him some more packets of food. "Is that enough food for them?"