Sharks Are Friends Not Foes

Start from the beginning

"That sounds hilarious." He says simply and Benny laughs while nodding. Dean looks over and smiles softly at him before going back to watching the road. Benny watches him for a few seconds before slipping his hand underneath Dean's free one that's resting on the console. The taller man smiles then laces their fingers together, running his thumb along the back of Benny's hand. He's still confused. Maybe Benny just needs time? Or maybe this is what Benny thinks friends were supposed to do? But he doesn't treat Sorento and Eli like this. So why does he holed my hand and kiss my cheek if he doesn't like me? So he probably likes me but doesn't want a relationship? Or maybe he's scared I don't like him. Which wouldn't make sense because I always hold his hand back and I'm usually the one asking for kisses or something. Why is he so simple yet so complex and confusing?

Dean's so busy thinking to himself that he doesn't notice when Benny falls asleep with his head on the console, still holding Dean's hand tight and snoring softly. The blonde sighs with a smile and shakes his head while continuing to drive. He glances at Benny a few times, enjoying how peaceful he looks when he's sleeping. When the reach the Marine Lab Benny's still sleeping and it takes everything in Dean to not just tell the other men they were just going to sit in the Jeep. He gets out then walks over to Benny's side. The shorter man had stirred when Dean had met go of his hand and is confused but smiles when his friend opens the door and grins back at him, "Get up lazy ass I wanna go see the dolphins." Dean says and Benny rolls his eyes.

"Sharks are way cooler than dolphins." He says and climbs out of the jeep, stretching his arms over his head and yawning loudly, "Plus we get to see sting rays too." Dean shakes his head as they walk side by side. They're a little closer than friends should be but they don't seem to care. Eli and Sorento are already at the front waiting on them. Dean smirks and drapes his arm over Benny's shoulder which gets an arm wrapped around his waist in response. Benny smiles and looks to the ground while biting his lip and trying not to smile too big.

Eli rolls his eyes and scoffs playfully, "He's simping so hard right now." Sorento nods in agreement and chuckles when Benny trips and Dean laughs at him causing the two to split up. Benny laughs softly while blushing from embarrassment. He playfully punches Dean in the shoulder and Dean smirks before picking him up and slinging him over his shoulder while laughing louder. Benny struggles then gives up and goes limp. Eli and Sorento wrinkle their noses, "God it's like watching a cheesy romance movie. Next thing you know they're going to be kissing in the rain." Sorento nods in agreement as the two make their way up to them. Dean sets Benny down who pouts and looks away from him with his arms crossed. Dean laughs and kisses his cheek.

"Stop being like that it was funny." He teases and Benny rolls his eyes then pushes his face away.

"Yeah whatever tall man." He grumbles then wraps his arm back around Dean's waist before they start walking into the building. Once they've gotten their tickets and got in they head to the dolphins. Dean looks like a kid as he watches them swim and show off. Benny smiles while he watches him point certain things out and just stares in awe at the creatures.

After a minute or two he turns to Benny who blushes since he got caught staring. Dean smiles lopsidedly and winks then points behind them, "the sharks are that way." He says softly the grabs Benny's hand, "Lets go." Eli smirks as he watches them leave and Sorento shakes his head.

"Wanna go on the bout tour?" He asks and points his finger in the direction to the elevator. Eli nods as they walk back, figuring this would be when the idiots figure it out.

Dean smiles as he's drug by Benny towards the shark tank. He's like a little boy at this point. Hands pressing against the glass while trying to get a better look at the creatures. Dean smiles when Benny glances over at him and points to one of them, "That's a nurse shark. They eat crustaceans off the ocean floor. That's why it makes me mad when people are scared of them. They barely even eat fish so why would they try to eat you? It doesn't make sense. Plus people are assholes and think sharks are bad but they're really not. They only attack because they think surfers are seals and I don't think they've purposefully attacked any humans unless the humans were messing with them." He rants and Dean chuckles softly. Benny smiles and rubs the back of his neck, "They're really cool." Dean nods and waits a few seconds before moving forward and pulling Benny back into his chest. The smaller man tenses but relaxes into Dean's body and rests his hands on top of Dean's, enjoying their hug. Dean sighs softly and rests his head on top of Benny's shoulder while watching the sharks swim past slowly and go about their daily lives. Benny closes his eyes after while and rests his cheek against Dean's.

The blonde smiles a little and turns his head so his nose his pressing against Benny's cheek then squeezes him, "You're good at hugging." He mumbles and Benny hums while opening his eyes and pulling his head away from Dean's to turn and see him better.

"Thanks." He says and kisses Dean's head, "Y'know they've gotta thing where you can feed the sharks and pet them?" Dean chuckles and shakes his head.

"Nope but was that all you were thinking about? Petting sharks?" He asks and Benny smirks.

"Yep, I was actually thinking about snorkeling with some." He says and Dean rolls his eyes playfully before letting go of Benny and popping his knuckles.

"Well if you want we could do it, as long as you're having fun I am." Benny grins and nods.

"Yeah it would be cool plus we could brag to Eli and Sorento." He says and Dean nods in agreement.
•••

Watching Benny take care of sharks was now one of Dean's favorite things to do. The way Benny would smile really big when it would push against his hand or splash him. It's fucking adorable. He was so gentle with the creature, making sure not to press in the wrong places or not to tug anything he wasn't supposed to. If Dean didn't know any better he'd probably think Benny works here. When he's done they make their way back to the main entrance where their friends are waiting impatiently with bags from the store. Benny tilts his head and Eli pulls a stuffed shark out of the bag, "We got stuffed animals because Sorento the elementary schooler wanted an otter." He says and smirks at his friend throws his hands up.

   "Okay but they're cute! Who wouldn't want a stuffed otter?!" The other three laugh and Sorento rolls his eyes, "Shut up it's not funny."

   Dean grins and walks up to them and ruffles Sorento's hair, "At least you didn't turn into a five year old when you saw them." He looks to Eli who's trying not burst into laughter and shaking his head, "Oh no you too?" Sorento glares at him and Eli breaks, laughing loudly and holding himself up with his hands on his knees, "At least you don't think sharks are cute."

   "Sharks are fucking adorable shut up!" Benny groans and slaps the back of Dean's head causing the blonde to start laughing too.
•••

Later that night Dean and Benny are both laying in bed and staring at the ceiling. Dean huffs and looks over at Benny who turns to look at him. They'd finally decided to sleep in their own beds but it was proving difficult. After about thirty seconds of staring at each other Benny gets up and Dean makes room for him. When he lays down Sean wraps his arms around his back and curls up close to him, "Night." Benny mumbles and snuggles into Dean's chest.

"G'night bear." He mumbles and kisses his head.