Sharks Are Friends Not Foes

The four Marines sit in a small cafe, slowly eating their breakfasts. Benny was leaning into Dean's side slightly and sipping at his coffee while scrolling through Instagram and checking his messages. Not really caring that Dean can see everything, he doesn't have anything to hide so it won't be a problem. Dean laughs at a meme and Benny grins while glancing up at him then rolling his eyes before sitting up a little to finish his food. When Dean's done he leans back in the booth and cautiously drapes his arm over Benny's shoulders then pulls him closer into his side. Eli quirks a brow but continues eating before either of his friends can see him. Benny pushes his plate towards the middle of the table and yawns when he's finished then leans back into Dean who grins. And leans down to whisper something which causes Benny to laugh and cover his mouth. Eli glances at Sorento with his mouth still full of food then back to the two men who're laughing and whispering to each other.

Sorento coughs to get their attention and Dean looks away from Benny. Benny does the same and rubs the back of his neck, "So umm, how'd you guys sleep?" Benny asks after a minute of silence. Sorento and Eli both mumble a "Fine." Dean rubs the back of his neck while staring down at the table and chewing on his bottom lip while feeling bad about kind of ignoring their friends. Benny glances over at him then to his friends who are both staring at him with a mischievous glint in their eyes Benny gives them a questioning look then looks to Dean who's still staring wide eyed at the table and worrying his bottom lip. Benny sighs and pushes his lip out of his mouth with his thumb without really thinking about what he's doing, "Stop doing that you're going to make your lips bleed." He mumbles then ruffled Dean's hair. While the blonde just sits there blushing bright red and stares at Benny for a solid thirty seconds before going back to the table. He goes back to looking at his friends who look shocked, "What."

Eli and Sorento both look at each other both thinking the same thing. These two idiots must've hit their heads and forgot what the fuck friends aren't supposed, or their oblivious to the fact that their in love. It could punch Benny dead in the face and he'd still not know what's going on. Then again Benny is kind of dumb. Sorento rolls his eyes then looks back to the other men, "Nothing, just...nothing." He says, sounding done with life. When they all finish their food they head to the parking lot. Eli says they're leading and that Dean and Benny just need to follow them. So that's where they are now. Speeding down the interstate towards Clearwater.

Benny was sitting in the passenger's seat and watching the landscape pass by. There's lots of equestrian farms and ranches which remind him of home. How Sorento, Eli, and him would ride into the woods on a Saturday and camp all weekend. Or their senior year prank when they dressed up as cowboys and road into the high school on horseback. He smiles at the memory and chuckles. They had gotten kicked out for that but not before they had turned the football field into a fake rodeo and barrel raced. They'd even roped a few football players like cattle. It had to have been one of the best moments in his life. Laughing with people he hadn't even known and just enjoying being a teenager before going off to the military. Dean glances over at him and then back to the road, "You good?" He asks sounding slightly concerned.

"Mmhm." Benny hums, "Just remembering things." He pauses and looks over to Dean then back out to the road. "What was your senior year prank?" He asks which causes Dean to laugh a little.

"Me and a bunch of people from my automotive class drove dirt bikes around the hall and did donuts in the lunchroom." He says and grins, "My dad was gonna beat my ass but I guess he found it funny enough to decide he didn't need to." Benny smiles and nods.

"Eli, Sorento, and I all dressed up as cowboys and had a rodeo on the football field then rode our horses through the hall then got kicked out. It was funny and we wanted to enjoy the feeling of doing something stupid before joking the Corps." He says softly while looking down at his hands. Dean grins and nods.