Chapter 4

"If you like Target so much then you should ask them out." Costco advised.
"Thank you Captain Obvious, but it's not that easy." Walmart retaliated in an irritated tone.
Whole Foods drummed their fingers on the table and glanced at Costco.
"What's wrong? Are you afraid?" she inquired, her eyes darting back to Costco.
Walmart blushed and sighed.
"I guess I am. And I mean I should be since Target is just so amazing and I'm just me..."
Kroger mumbled something that nobody heard. Walmart studied Kroger's face for a bit before asking, "Hey are you alright? You've been kind of out of it for a while and Im starting to worry."
Kroger looked up and quickly looked back down.
"Yeah I'm alright. Just having crush problems, same as you. They're way out of my league."
"It's Buccees isn't it?" Whole Foods said in a knowing voice.
Pink blossomed across Kroger's face.
"How did you know?!"they exclaimed.
Whole Foods examined their nails.
"I've already told you guys it's a talent. I can tell when people are in love~"
The word "love" made everyone except Whole Foods blush. Whole Foods glanced at Costco who stood up and cleared their throat.
"I've gotta go um, meet up with Sams and um yeah."  They announced in an anxious tone.
Whole Foods clicked their tongue and the others nodded.
Walmart started thinking about what Whole Foods had said earlier and their own response. It was the truth; they really were scared. The fear of rejection overpowered how much Walmart liked Target.
The first bell rang and the trio got up to head to class in silence, it seemed everyone had a special someone on their minds today.