Chapter 2

Throughout all of lunch Walmart stared at Target from a few tables away. Kroger was busy eating an apple and kept glancing in the direction of Walmart's staring.
"Are you good?"
Kroger asked after about ten minutes of Walmart's staring. Their words snapped Walmart out of their trance.
"Um yeah... I was just-"
"Just what?" Kroger asked with a confused expression.
"I-" Walmart was interrupted again as Whole Foods slammed their tray down onto the table. After realizing how agressive their previous action was, they quickly apologized.
"Im sorry right now I'm just angry and upset and confused." Tears began spilling from their eyes and Kroger looked rather alarmed.
"Hey um it's okay... "
Walmart felt pitiful for the crying person in front of them. They knew what it was like to want to break down from all the pressure and stress.
"Why don't you sit with us for a while?" Walmart offered.
Whole Foods nodded before calming themself down enough to speak.
"My friends made fun of me! They keep saying that organic food is disgusting and insulting me... "
Kroger frowned.
"Sounds like you need new friends."
"Yeah I know." Whole Foods sniffled.
"We can be your friends." Walmart said with a kind smile. Whole Foods dried their eyes and smiled back.
"Thank you guys so much, I'm Whole Foods by the way."
"It's no problem. I'm Walmart and that's my friend Kroger." Walmart replied with a grin.
"Walmart, you never did finish your sentence earlier."
Walmart blushed a deep red again.
"O-oh did I not..?"
Whole Foods looked attentive at the mention of possible gossip.
"What happened?"
"Well, Walmart was like being all weird and staring at something and I didn't know what it was so I asked them and they just never told me." Kroger explained.
Whole Foods looked thoughtful for a minute and then their face lit up.
"You were staring at Target weren't you! You must like them!"
"Not so loud." Walmart hissed while checking to see if anyone had noticed Whole Foods rather loud assumption. Once they were sure it was safe they smacked their head on the table and groaned.
"Am I that obvious?"
"No, I just have a talent for sniffing out romance."
Walmart let out a sigh of relief and Kroger gave Whole Foods a quizzical look before returning to their meal. Noticing Kroger had gone back to eating Whole Foods picked at their food as well.
"I usually bring my lunch but I was in such a rush this morning that I forgot it."
"Yikes." Kroger said in a much too sarcastic tone; though, Whole Foods didn't seem to catch onto it.
Walmart went back to their dreamy staring at Target who seemed to be enjoying eating with Sams and all the other cooler people. Walmart could never imagine being that confident... they were just too... misunderstood.